Used 1998 Acura RL Consumer Reviews

Used RL for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...6

Pros
Cons

'98 Acura RL 4 door sedan

jbaist, 06/11/2008
3.5 Premium 4dr Sedan

Continues to provide an excellent ride & reliability even after 10 years.

Where is the Legend

LinVA, 11/12/2003
3.5 Special Edition 4dr Sedan

I owned both the 1988 and 1991 Acura Legend. I have been nothing but dissapointed with the 98 RL. This year both rear electric window mechanisms broke. The plastic pulley wheel in the door (a $1 part) broke (on both doors within two months of each other). The cost for each $244. You can only replace the entire motor mechanism. The power is lacking in the motor. The noise inside is noticeably louder than both of my previous legends. On the bright side, it is as reliable as the sun rising. One turn of the key and it is ready to get me to work.

Amazing car

judes car, 04/14/2009
3.5 Premium 4dr Sedan

This has got to be my favorite car of all time. It has been a rock for me! As a single girl I need a reliable car that would not break down on me. This car was more than worth the total cost I paid. I have a 98 3.5RL and it has never broken down on me and I drive a ton of miles. I am currently at 325,000 miles and it is still going strong. I have taken good care of it and have had oil changes consistently. I highly recommend one of these cars!

acura

biz, 02/28/2002
3.5 4dr Sedan

I like an automatic transmission/it is smooth driving/roomy/

New Owner of Premium RL

BSS, 04/02/2002
3.5 Premium 4dr Sedan

I just bought a RL, Premium model with Navigation system. I looked hard at BMW 5 series and Mercedes E320 as well as the Lexus LS400. I found the big Acura to have no real weaknesses. It was larger, more plush and with more features than the German models. Plus, it doesn't come with the snob label attached. It seemed the equal of the Lexus (other than the V8 vs the V6) and was thousands less. Plus, there are LS400s EVERYWHERE. I have had it for about a month and am very happy with it. Power is smooth, interior very comfortable and the sound system is incredible. This car doesn't necessarily demand attention, but it has understated class and refinement.

12345...6