2019 Acura RDX SUV Consumer Reviews - 33 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2019 Acura RDX SUV Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RDX model:

Beautiful suv. Rattles like a old car
By Elba Arcos

2019 Acura RDX SUV Advance Package 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 10A)

On your test drive. Make sure to back up so you can hear how bad these cars rattle. Also the panoramic roof rattles. Mileage 1200. My advisor said well look on bright side you don’t drive in reserve all the time. Not ok!

A Perfect RX Repacement
By Charlee Smith

2019 Acura RDX SUV Advance Package 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 10A)

For one month we have been owners of a RDX Advance (Performance Red/Parchment) and really couldn't be happier with our first Acura. For three years we have been looking for a replacement for my wife's 2006 Lexus RX 330. The options were narrowed down to the XC-60, QX50, RX and the RDX. The XC-60 was eliminated on price and the fact that not only is Volvo Chinese owned, but the vehicles currently in the US are made in China. The QX50 was eliminated on price and a dated interior with a very cheap sliding cover for the center storage area. We drove the RX and the RDX within the same hour. The RX didn't demonstrate one advantage over the RDX, and was over $8K more. The front end styling of the RX also didn't help it.
We have yet to feel any situation in the RDX where we wished for more power. The new True Touchpad is unique, but it takes less than 15 minutes to adapt to it and is superior. I was able to program the primary home screen so that 98% of the functions my wife will use are available with one touch. The voice control for the navigation has been flawless so far. With part of the money we saved, our dealer added the 20" diamond-cut wheels to top off its good looks.
My wife is hard to please, and one minor detail can kill a deal. She loves every feature of the RDX so far. Any complaint has been remedied with the options available for most functions. Its floating center console design provides more side leg room and storage than any of its competitors. With its top safety rating added to the fact that the RDX was designed in California and Ohio and is assembled in Ohio with 60% North American parts, we have no regrets.

Love it!
By Laura

2019 Acura RDX SUV A-Spec 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 10A)

Test drive it and you’ll fall in love!

Disappointed in my 2019 RDX
By Slack

2019 Acura RDX SUV Advance Package 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 10A)

I traded in my 2009 Acura TL 3.5L V6 Tech Pkg sedan for the 2019 RDX Advance. I loved almost everything about my TL including its acceleration, sound system, and ride. However, I wanted a vehicle that I could enter & exit without bending so low. All the reviewers on YouTube & in print seemed to have high praise for the new RDX, so I made the change after a couple test drives. I've had the vehicle only a couple of weeks and I'm already regretting my purchase. It is fun to drive, but I've had several issues. On my second day, Apple CarPlay wouldn't work. Then after pairing my iPhone X to the Bluetooth, my contacts were not available. So I hard reset my phone, reset the infotainment system to factory default and that seemed to fix the problem for the moment. After about 450 miles of mixed driving, I'm averaging about 17.5 mpg. You read it right - 17.5 mpg, and mostly in Comfort mode with no redlining. I'm going to conduct a highway only test soon, but I don't expect to get the advertised mpg. Yesterday, my monitor stopped working, as did the auto idle feature ( even though I don't particularly care for it, it should work!) Aside from features not working, I am disappointed in the turbo lag. It has almost caused an accident because I couldn't get out of the way of an oncoming car while turning at a traffic light. That's beyond inconvenient. Anyway, I will probably trade it next year for a more proven vehicle. Fortunately, this is the first time I have had this much trouble with a new vehicle, so I'm lucky, but I cannot recommend this with all its initial problems.

Comfort & Performance
By LiyaM

2019 Acura RDX SUV SH-AWD w/Advance Package 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 10A)

Traded my 2012 RDX Tech (considered the loaded model) for the 2019 RDX Advance. Wanted the ASPEC for the rims but loaded like an Advace, so I got the black Advance with black interior and upgraded to black rims. It's a gorgeous car! It rides like a dream. I drove it out of state the second day I had it and it surpassed my expectations! The comfort was superb and handling on sport or sport+ mode was nice and tight. The seats are soft and supple. Loved the lane keep assist and cruise control features - the car sort of drives itself! The panoramic sunroof is a gorgeous addition. The touch pad gets easier to use with practice, but is a little frustrating at first. A few cons: a small space for coins would be nice as well as a bigger center console (my 2012 was much smaller but the center console was huge). Also, the navigation system needs an upgrade. There are portions of not so new roads where I was 'flying in the gray' on the screen because those roads weren't recognized. Had I not had my phone (Android) GPS on, I'd been lost.