Used 2012 Acura MDX Consumer Reviews - 36 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Acura MDX Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MDX model:

So far, so good!
By Kim Seidel

2012 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

A little cheaper in terms of quality of construction of car body than my former Acura built in 2003. I hope that this one holds up as well.

Great for nice weather and safe in bad weather
By Beth

2012 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I love driving this vehicle. I never had to worry about reliability for my family. Plenty of space for myself, husband and kiddos. Great quality!!!

Great car
By szlucifer

2012 Acura MDX Technology Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Great car

IT AIN’T WHAT IT SHOULD BE !
By Jay Cassius

2012 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

It should sell for a lot lot less. In 2017, I bought the 2012 MDX used. 55k miles. I wanted a 3rd row SUV. Was in perfect condition, inside and out. Test drive was ok. Had only heard about Acura’s high end reputation. For the high price it must be pretty good? It ain’t. It’s not especially attractive. The dashboard and controls are pretty primitive. The buttons are cramped together, hard to read, poorly positioned. The multi information screen has so many layers of headings and sub info that you need a special course to figure it out. Just to adjust the interior lights and door locks takes about 20 pages in the manual. Not because it’s intricate, but because it’s preprogrammed somewhere in China and they probably got the module for pennies. Like inexpensive furniture that you spend a day putting together yourself. It’s hard to get in and out. The driver seat is so high you have to lower it so your feet can get near the ground. I’m 5’10. The doors are short, too short, so you always bang your legs and feet trying to get out. You have to move the seat pretty far back so you can swing your legs out. The wood grain? panel along the dash couldn’t even pass for plastic, let alone wood. The electronic throttle is downright dangerous. You get to a highway on ramp, ease up on the gas before you accelerate.... hit the pedal.... nada... that hesitation is enough to give you a heart attack. Oh well, that’s the electronic throttle, nuttin they can do about it. I had a 2008 Lexus RX 350 before this. The MDX tries to be a cheap imitation that costs as much or more. Not even close. The 2008 Lexus was better in every way, except for the 3rd row seat. And I bet no one ever got the 16 estimated miles per gallon. I had to make a conscious effort to get 12. I’m trading it in before 6 months.

Hooked on Acura right after first purchase
By Yaaman

2012 Acura MDX Advance Package 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

this is my second MDX the only reason why I I sold my first one purchase base after 2 years purchase new one with advanced technology package 6 years later and I still have vehicle and will not give it up I have the 2012