Used 1990 Acura Integra Hatchback Consumer Reviews

$788 - $1,832

Used Integra for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

BEEN IN THE FAMILY SINCE NEW

bigbearhunter, 02/25/2013

My mom bought a 1990 acura integra GS in the summer of 1989. I had never seen anything like it. It was small and sleek and yet so nimble. I wanted it. .. ten years later. I got it. I always thought I'd only have it for a few years, and that turned into 13. Now it's old now and cosmetically falling apart, but the second you turn the key and take off, all the scuffs, scratches and dings disappear. It's the most fun I've ever had driving a car. It's like a cross fit champion wearing an awkward and ill fitting suit. It's time for me to finally move on. But this car never required anything but replacement parts that couldn't last the 250k miles I put on it. Most reliable car I've ever owned.

Breaking up is hard to do

Sherry in Cambridge, 01/14/2010

I'm trying to find a new home for my 20 year old car with 230K miles. I love this car and wish I could buy a new one. Mine really is succumbing to the hard life in New England and I think I just have to let it go to the great racetrack in the sky.

Never die

joe ponce, 03/20/2010

With over 250,000 miles on it i drove it from California to Texas with no problems. didn't think i would buy a car and have it forever.

Wrecked Acura

wapnlht, 11/26/2003

I have driven the heck out of my car and its survived ok.But I had a few probs:a/c broke,axels replaced 3 times in 3 yrs,alt,radi,trans grinds,clutch, brakes replaced every 2k's,antenna,etc. But I love my car.It has 250k but still runs great.It had been wrecked before so it isn't perfect,but it starts up every time I turn the key.

Horrible car

nycdarkness, 03/10/2003

Where do I start, probably the worst car ever made from Honda/Acura. The inside feels cheap with all that plastic, the engine is loud, no cupholders, the heating system doesn't work, the defoggers don't work fast enough, and the worst is that the door locks freeze when it gets too cold. With me residing in upstate NY, I would not recommend this car to anyone that lives in a cold place. On really cold days, the car doesn't start. This car is hard to repair because the placement of the parts under the hood suck. The acceleration of this vehicle can be compared to that of a snail, I can probably run faster than this car. Makes a really good paper weight

fun car!

val, 04/08/2002

Wow! I got my Integra for my first car, and it has been a reliable, fun car! I got FAR better gas mileage then noted.. about 28 city mpg and 35 hiway mpg. I haven't done any work on it, and am sad to have to give it up because of a knee injury! I highly recommend it for a first car!

Old but still runs

mittasch, 04/23/2002

if you want good fuel economy with low maintence, this is the car for you

Post Mortem

Chris, 11/11/2008

With no A/C, a failed power seatbelt and shorting panel lights, I blew a hole in a good engine by ignoring a blinking oil lamp after 235,000 and 18 years. Sure I had drink stains from door-mounted cup holders, could never see the low fuel light in the sun, and - gee - just replaced the master cylinder this year and the 'gasket last. I'd bought my first car brand new after college, and she treated me far better than any chick in SoCal ever did. Got better mileage of late than the Cobalt I just rented. Thank you, Acura.

What a car!

Mike, 01/21/2008

I had to sell my 05 Sentra SE-R Spec V due to rising insurance costs and many issues with reliability. Found this nice little Integra GS for only 2k. Interior was about the only thing showing some real age on the car. Engine has run great even when I take trips from North Carolina down to South Florida. 13-16 hours nonstop, not even thinking twice about whether or not the car will make it says A LOT about the quality of this automobile. I ended up putting some money into it to fix up a few pieces of trim and the blown speakers, but that was all the car really needed. The paint has held up well over the years, the design is very modern, and the gas mileage is a life saver.

Great car

carjunkie, 01/02/2010

I read some of these reviews had to add mine. Had an '88 Integra LS and it was like a tank. Was broadsided by a semi on I-40 in an ice storm. Drove it from AR to KY for the holidays and then down to AL where I relocated. Finally had it fixed. Best car I ever had and only sold it at 137000 miles because 2d child arrived. Too much to pack 2 kids and an 80 lb dog for the trips to see the grandparents. Now I'm looking for another for those kids as they start to drive.

51050