2017 Acura ILX Consumer Reviews - 13 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Acura ILX Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific ILX model:

2017 ILX
By Raphael Grenfell

2017 Acura ILX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 8AM)

I have bought an ILX July last year and in January they transmission broke! February they had to replace the battery twice, in March they had to replace the starter... and today the car would not start. I have been trying to talk to Acura saying that the car it's beyond repair and that I don't need a buy back, only give me car that is not a "lemon"... the case manager keep saying that he is trying something but cannot garantee anything!! So I would not recommend anyone to buy an acura, specially ILX.

Acura ILX
By Christal

2017 Acura ILX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 8AM)

My ACura ILX is ok. I wish it had more features on the base model or other models were shown to me. The seat sits low so even with adjusting of the seat I struggle to see over the steering wheel. The ac/heating system has issues. The AC blows warm air or warm air blows cool. I took it to the dealer ship three times before writing in to Acura customer relations. I hope the issue gets resolved soon before further steps maybe taken. In addition, at times, the ride isn’t smooth.

Perfect Compact Vehicle
By Cheyenne

2017 Acura ILX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 8AM)

My 2017 Acura ILX was the best purchase I have made so far. I don't have many miles on it yet but so far it is amazing. I have driven a 2013 ILX and this is by far a lot better. I have one possible problem so far and the service is great. With the car being brand new there are to be some problems. The vehicle is a luxury Honda. Honda is the co-parent of Acura and therefore it is to be a "pimped" out Honda. That is the sole purpose for starting Acura. Just like Toyota and Lexus or Nissan and Infinit. The car is geared toward younger people.

Buyer Beware
By Lynn

2017 Acura ILX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 8AM)

I was a proud owner of the 2004 Acura TL. Loved that car. I had to buy another Acura thinking the car would make me just a happy. That didn't happen. The transmission doesn't know where it is. It bangs and knocks and when you left off the gas it feels like you are lunging forward. They say that the banging noise is "normal". I was told that I was confusing the car when I drove it. After all, it's a sensitive transmission. What a piece of junk. It's a hard ride and very noisy as well. They cut every corner they could on this car and it shows. They didn't cut the price either. What is standard options on so many other cars now, you pay dearly for on an Acura. I will never, ever purchase another Acura. Never!

ILX not bad
By Kamell Rassas

2017 Acura ILX Premium Package 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 8AM)

A little pricy.