Used 2006 Volvo XC90 V8 Volvo Ocean Race Edition SUV Consumer Reviews - 3 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Volvo XC90 SUV - Consumer Reviews

2006 Volvo XC90 SUV

View reviews for a specific XC90 model:

2006 Volvo XC90 AWD V8 4dr SUV (ocean)
By socaltess

2006 Volvo XC90 SUV V8 Volvo Ocean Race Edition 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Got this car for thousands off because I bought it in 2007 when it was a 2006 model, but it was new. Very happy with the looks outside and inside. After a 5 months I had some problems, some anti-skid message that kept coming up, they said it was a computer problem but it happened twice. Possibly due to extremely horrible speed bumps where I live the car began making weird clicks when the gas/brakes were pressed; brake pads, alignment, sub-frame, etc all needed work. Right window makes whistling noise. DVD system headphones sound fuzzy sometimes. Very fast for an SUV, and I always feel safe.

Big engine, very fast for an SUV. GPS system, pricey but I love the positioning and very very easy to use, and can be used while in motion. Extremely comfortable seats. Love the tailgate, it is great to sit on! I also drive a 550i but find myself missing the Volvo.

Gas mileage, stereo system is horrible, impossible to get iPod integration without removing the entire system and spending tons of money. Better reliability.

XC90 Ocean Race Edition
By Bill

2006 Volvo XC90 SUV V8 Volvo Ocean Race Edition 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I replaced a BMW X3 with this car. As I wanted a little more room, I compared it to the 2006 BMW X5. The ORE is a better value. Hesitant about the V-8, but average mileage is 20.0 mpg in mixed driving. My 2.5L X3 averaged 22 mpg. I gave up 2 mpg for an extra 125 h.p., a smoother ride and more room -an excellent trade off. Excellent storage and cargo space. Very quiet ride.

Ride, performance, split tailgate, quality

Didn't need the third row seat. Should remain an option as it is on the other models.

v8 volvo SUV
By Robin

2006 Volvo XC90 SUV V8 Volvo Ocean Race Edition 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

solid, safe and with surprising performance. did 20.6 mpg on an interstate trip of 800 miles [doing a steady 80].

engine is smooth, cruises at 80 mph at only 2300 revs, comfortable seats

lack of front storage space for sunglasses etc. No tape deck, a major problem if you have a lot of tapes that you like to play on long trips. I did solve this problem eventually-email me if you want to know how. The volvo people we No compass, and clock difficult to see-impossible for the passenegr