2007 Volvo V70 Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific V70 model:
We are now Volvo fans
By alphamobile on 02/14/12 17:08 PM (PST)

2007 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.5T 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Ours is a '07 model and we bought it in '10 with 32K miles. In two years I have put close to 30K miles on it. It being our first Volvo, and first Euro car for that matter of fact, it's been a very pleasant car. At first we were feeling iffy about due to our fear about the notorious high cost of maintenance of Euro cars. Fortunately, in two years the only repair expense (not including regular maint.) was $150 to replace the brake vacuum pump. It certainly helps that our local Volvo dealer repair shop has very competitive pricing. The car is quite powerful and handles quite well. Some critics say it's not very sporty when compared to BMW. But not everybody needs or really wants a BMW.

Carl Moore Houston #2 Review
By Carl Moore Houston on 07/16/10 10:54 AM (PDT)

2007 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.5T 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

My first review was Oct 2007. Since then the V70 has 19,000 miles on it - low mileage. The door locks have gone crazy opening and closing at random and that was fixed. The main problem I have had is with rust buildup on the brake rotors and pads which cause wheel shimmy when braking. At first Volvo refused to cover under warranty citing normal wear and tear. Cost- almost $1000. After complaining to main office NJ, they agreed to cover the rotors but not the pads (all 4 wheels). Ridiculous. That's still $450. I have never had this problem in 47 years. I would never recommend to anyone to buy a new Volvo - they used to be really great cars when they were 4 cylinder cars. I still have 2 940s.

Just Bought One!
By Dave - LA on 03/03/08 02:01 AM (PST)

2007 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.5T 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I have been wanting to purchase a V70 or XC70 for a few years. I swapped my Toyota 4Runner due to gas mileage for the V70. The Volvo drives and sounds a lot like my Honda Accord that I had 12 years ago! I love that Honda and I love the way this car drives. I will be using the car for surfing, so I opted for the optional roof racks which do produce some wind noise. The biggest suprise is the performance. I have owned 3 porsches and I currently own a 911. I must say the Volvo's pick up is excellent, and I can really feel the turbo's kick. I am very pleased with the car so far, and I hope to keep it for at least 8-10 years!

Carl's Review
By Carl Moore Houston on 11/04/07 19:58 PM (PST)

2007 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.5T 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I bought a 2007 V70 closeout which came with lots of options as a replacement for my wife's 940 which was totaled in a wreck -- great deal . The car is very comfortable driving and handling. The 2.5T has excellent pickup compared with the older B230F engine. Gas mileage is good -- approx 22 mpg around town.

2.5T
By RRB on 02/06/07 11:40 AM (PST)

2007 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.5T 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Provides more usable space than most small SUVs while possessing better road manners and comfort. However, after having driven Saabs for many years, I found the large turning radius of this vehicle to be almost truck-like by comparison.

48,641 of 48,642 people found this review helpful
V70 first 6 months
By White on 08/25/06 12:57 PM (PDT)

2007 Volvo V70 Wagon 2.5T 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

What a nice car! Bought it for safety reputation. Handles well, is comfortable and holds road like it's glued. Too much wind noise and low beams cut off too short. Fit and finish is first rate and car is tight, excpept for wind noise. Gets less fuel economy than other mid-sized domestic cars, which was a surprise. Get 21-23 in town and 26-29 in hilly country, so I guess that's not too bad. Guess I'm getting old, but it has one tough oil filter for a shade tree mechanic! Plenty speedy with 2.5 turbo. The run flat tires had defective sensors that dealer service did not understand and were impossible to fix. Eventually replaced. I like the car alot!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.