Used 2009 Volvo S60 2.5T SE Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific S60 model:

A great buy!
By Jeanie

2009 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.5T SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I have always driven large suvs (suburban, escalade, Tahoe), but with my new position I needed something to be driving out of town frequently (prev drove Accord, Avalon cts for work travel). I looked at the c class Benz, BMW, Cadillac. But the safety ratings & Volvo service are irreplaceable. The fact that there are no luxury dealerships in my town means that whatever I bought had to have great service & road side assist. I love this car! I wish I could have waited for the new model, but got a terrific deal on this one. You cannot beat Volvo quality no matter how serene & sedate you feel the styling is. Once you drive one & ride in one you are hooked!

The communication center on the dash & wand, wind shield wipers!, the sun roof. Even when it is open it is very quiet unlike the roofs in other vehicles. Love the cup holder & cover when not using!

The radio is very low tech. My brother has the S40 & it has a waterfall center console like the S80 & I like it better.

My favorite so far
By Wes

2009 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.5T SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Finally being financially able to purchase my first brand new car, i looked at everything- I decided with the rebate that I wanted the new S60 because it was a great value for the money. I traded in my IS300 and haven't looked back since! Super comfy, and i will keep it till it hits at least 100k.

The seats are great in the front, super comfy, and with the SE interior, the bolsters hold you in place. The wheels are also really ncie looking on the SE.

Everything will be improved in the new model im assuming.

Entry luxuary at modest price
By Dan

2009 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.5T SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Smooth and solid ride. Very comfortable seat. With promotion in July, I got my Volvo at Camry/Accord price! AND, 5 year 60,000 free maintenance plus road assistant!! It was no brainer to go for Volvo. Also came with leather/sun roof as standard. The climate control system is excellent - I love rain sensing wipers.

Very comfortable front seats, rain sensing wiper, Plenty of power. One touch sun roof, Good mileage.

Interior design definitely needs improvement. Too monotonous - looks like cars of 90's.