Used 2009 Volvo C30 T5 R-Design Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific C30 model:

2009 C30 great car
By scott fortune

2009 Volvo C30 Hatchback T5 R-Design 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

My 2009 c30 is a very cool car and I have had it for almost one year. I get about 23 mph and have taken it from Jacksonville, Florida to ft. Lauderdale 2 times, for fun. The trip goes quickly and is very pleasant. My wife and I also own a 2008 Porsche Cayman s. We both often prefer the c30 because it is so much easier to drive... Easy and fun with room for groceries. I had 2 Volvo xc90's, dating back to 2004 or 2003. The c30 is much cooler and more fun. The dynaudio is an excellent option. I have automatic, leather, sunroof, Cruise, bluetooth, ipod compatible. I recommend it and would buy another one.

exterior styling, seats, headroom, bluetooth, dynaudio, acceleration is awesome. I am 6 feet 2 inches and the car rocks with plenty of room.

more room in rear seats and in cargo area; easier access to rear seats, more room behind the floating center console, more room in door compartments.

after a year some issues
By jasper

2009 Volvo C30 Hatchback T5 R-Design 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Just over a year with low mileage, ~12000. R-Design has great styling. The dash is a bit bland and more color could be added in the dash console lighting. Gas mileage is not quite what I expected, (6 speed manual) ranges from 31 to 21 (depends on time of year and how I drive). The front end on the RDesign is also poorly engineered. There is nothing you can do to prevent scraping when going up small upgrades (my driveway for example). This causes the rubber on the underside to hang down, quite an eyesore.

Exterior design, blue tooth

Recently experienced some quality issues making for a week long visit to the dealer. The lower lumbar support broke on the driver side. The main air handler had to be replaced (requiring the removal of the dashboard) and rear window replaced due to defroster issues. hope the problems don't persist

C30 T5 R-Design WOW
By SAAB 9-2X owner

2009 Volvo C30 Hatchback T5 R-Design 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I currently own and drive an '05 SAAB 9-2X Aero loaded with everything sport & winter packages etc. etc. I test drove a fully loaded C30 T5 R-Design last Friday. It was similar to my SAAB-aru in handling and quickness but has a quieter ride and with more safety features. I was very impressed with everything about this car. I especially liked the six speed manual trans.

six speed manual quiet ride blue tooth

none well done as is.

C30 rocks
By vicki walker

2009 Volvo C30 Hatchback T5 R-Design 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

This is my first Volvo. I wanted something sporty, sexy and safe. The C30 is all of these. This unique vehicle looks and drives like a sports car; yet, there is still room for kids or pets. My car came loaded with features I really did not think I needed, but now I have discovered that the bluetooth is heaven; the moon roof lights up my ride; the heated seats are cool and the stereo makes for a sweet commute. I love my new C30!

Body design is subtle and sporty! Stereo is awesome. The car has lots of pick up. Zoom! Convenient size for parking and not getting door chips from other cars. Unique: I have had my car a month and I have not seen another on the road.

Body kit is really low! Stop before you hit the curb! Hatch is small and big items are difficult to store. but the hatch is so stylish, who cares.

Love this car!
By New C30 Owner

2009 Volvo C30 Hatchback T5 R-Design 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Not the fastest thing out there, but no slouch. Nice balance between comfort and performance. Will do the daily commute in style while still offering some great spirited driving when the whim strikes. Can work as a family care for small families. My kids love riding in it. Cargo is small, but 3 Staples copy paper boxes fit in a single layer with the seats up. Not huge space, but very usable. Width will allow a McLaren folding stroller to just fit. Great storage around the spare tire for all those things you should have like jumper cables and ice scrapers but don't need just floating around the car. Basically a well thought out little luxury car.

Love the stereo. CD, Aux, and USB provide an amazingly useful way to carry your music. With a high quality rip, I get virtually CD quality and the ability to load dozens of CDs. Torque from 1500 RPM means you can use overdrive around town boosting my average mileage over 28mpg.

Nothing major. Passenger seat does not return to the original position after moving it to put the kids in the back. Clutch pedal is a little cramped and some with larger feet might have trouble.