2009 Volvo C30 Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C30 model:
2009 C30 great car
By scott fortune on 02/01/10 16:20 PM (PST)

2009 Volvo C30 Hatchback T5 R-Design 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

My 2009 c30 is a very cool car and I have had it for almost one year. I get about 23 mph and have taken it from Jacksonville, Florida to ft. Lauderdale 2 times, for fun. The trip goes quickly and is very pleasant. My wife and I also own a 2008 Porsche Cayman s. We both often prefer the c30 because it is so much easier to drive... Easy and fun with room for groceries. I had 2 Volvo xc90's, dating back to 2004 or 2003. The c30 is much cooler and more fun. The dynaudio is an excellent option. I have automatic, leather, sunroof, Cruise, bluetooth, ipod compatible. I recommend it and would buy another one.

after a year some issues
By jasper on 11/16/09 09:24 AM (PST)

2009 Volvo C30 Hatchback T5 R-Design 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Just over a year with low mileage, ~12000. R-Design has great styling. The dash is a bit bland and more color could be added in the dash console lighting. Gas mileage is not quite what I expected, (6 speed manual) ranges from 31 to 21 (depends on time of year and how I drive). The front end on the RDesign is also poorly engineered. There is nothing you can do to prevent scraping when going up small upgrades (my driveway for example). This causes the rubber on the underside to hang down, quite an eyesore.

C30 T5 R-Design WOW
By SAAB 9-2X owner on 06/22/09 17:03 PM (PDT)

2009 Volvo C30 Hatchback T5 R-Design 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I currently own and drive an '05 SAAB 9-2X Aero loaded with everything sport & winter packages etc. etc. I test drove a fully loaded C30 T5 R-Design last Friday. It was similar to my SAAB-aru in handling and quickness but has a quieter ride and with more safety features. I was very impressed with everything about this car. I especially liked the six speed manual trans.

C30 rocks
By vicki walker on 05/30/09 06:02 AM (PDT)

2009 Volvo C30 Hatchback T5 R-Design 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

This is my first Volvo. I wanted something sporty, sexy and safe. The C30 is all of these. This unique vehicle looks and drives like a sports car; yet, there is still room for kids or pets. My car came loaded with features I really did not think I needed, but now I have discovered that the bluetooth is heaven; the moon roof lights up my ride; the heated seats are cool and the stereo makes for a sweet commute. I love my new C30!

Love this car!
By New C30 Owner on 05/02/09 20:12 PM (PDT)

2009 Volvo C30 Hatchback T5 R-Design 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Not the fastest thing out there, but no slouch. Nice balance between comfort and performance. Will do the daily commute in style while still offering some great spirited driving when the whim strikes. Can work as a family care for small families. My kids love riding in it. Cargo is small, but 3 Staples copy paper boxes fit in a single layer with the seats up. Not huge space, but very usable. Width will allow a McLaren folding stroller to just fit. Great storage around the spare tire for all those things you should have like jumper cables and ice scrapers but don't need just floating around the car. Basically a well thought out little luxury car.

This is what I was looking for
By FormerTruckOwner on 02/10/09 12:03 PM (PST)

2009 Volvo C30 Hatchback T5 R-Design 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I've only had this car a few weeks, but was looking for almost 2 years. Drove a truck. Was perfect when I got it, but now I have wife, kids, dog, and commute. I needed a practical car, but needed to carry the family on occasion, carry the dog, make dump runs, tow, and be comfortable day to day. I'd also like something fun that had a little power, but not a huge engine. I knew I wanted a small luxury type car, but they are almost absent in the USA. Especially in a hatchback (for the dog). But in looking at the Mazda 3, I found out about the Ford C1 platform and the fact that the Mazda, Volvo, and European Ford Focus are built on it. This is the car I was looking for. Nothing else fit

Fun Car
By wm on 01/14/09 04:53 AM (PST)

2009 Volvo C30 Hatchback T5 R-Design 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Caveat this review with the fact I've only owned the car for a week, and I'm still on a buzz from buying it. The manual is incredibly fun to drive, and very smooth. I highly recommend the R-design; it's well worth the money. Cosmic Wht w/ Brwn body kit looks phenom'l, but hard to find at a dealer. It is not a utilitarian vehicle, as the rear bumper is too high and big, and other cars offer more interior space, but it's a great little sports car. More hp/less weight/better mpg than a V6 Mustang. Comfort inside is top notch. Driver views are very good. I did a 1300+ mile trip right after purchase and it holds 80mph easily at 2700rpm. It accelerates the same at 40mph as it does at 70. Fun.

my first Volvo
By Marq on 01/02/09 20:20 PM (PST)

2009 Volvo C30 Hatchback T5 R-Design 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I now have 860 miles on my new C30, and I am beginning to enjoy it and feel I made the right choice. Yes, there were cheaper cars I was considering, such as a VW Rabbit, but I am now beginning to appreciate the upscale craftsmanship that makes my Volvo a really fine car. I am also beginning to appreciate that as a Volvo owner, I am now part of a demographic of more conservative and mature drivers.

One rockin' hatch
By Colin on 12/26/08 15:35 PM (PST)

2009 Volvo C30 Hatchback T5 R-Design 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Great all-around car, exceptionally well-executed and excels at what it was designed to do -- turn heads! Love the power even with the auto trans, especially the down-low torque, and all the electronic goodies (Dynamic audio, sat radio, iPod). And oh, those Volvo seats! Incredibly comfortable on my 1-hr commute. My wife and I both get lots of compliments on the car's appearance, especially the all-glass hatch. I hate driving cars that everyone else has, and to date I've only seen two other C30s on the road. Huge cache factor. Respectable gas mileage (23 mpg avg on a mix of city/hwy driving). And no need for premium! Get the R-design package, it really makes the car's appearance pop.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Volvo C30 Hatchback in VA is:

$130 per month*