Having Fun Yet? You Bet!
By valynda on
2006 Volkswagen Touareg V8 4dr SUV AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)
We purchased the V8 Touareg as a replacement vehicle. I had previously owned a 2003 Pathfinder LE and found it to be a nice balance of sport and luxury. At first glance, I thought the Touareg was a little over the top, with all its fancy bells and whistles, but my husband convinced me to give it a try and I have been more than pleased. I have already taken it on two lengthy road trips and found it surprisingly pleasant to drive long distances. Its fuel economy is severely lacking, but the driving experience is worth it if you're not hung up on the high price of gas these days. I highly recommend the air suspension, if only to make your kids go "Oooooh!" and "Aaaaaah!!" It's great off road, too!
Favorite Features
Highly adjustable power seats make for a comfortable long distance ride. Exceptional handling for an SUV-type vehicle. Enough goodies to make even the most gadget-addicted folks smile. Interior styling that gives you the warm fuzzies, especially when illuminated. Big attention grabber.
Suggested Improvements
The CD changer is incredibly inconvenient. Better fuel economy would be nice, but perhaps that's just the natural trade off for the power. this truck has a shocking sticker when you load it up.