2006 Volkswagen Touareg Consumer Review: 2nd to none

2006 Volkswagen Touareg - Consumer Review

2nd to none
By Dougy on

2006 Volkswagen Touareg V6 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I looked at 'em all and the 2006 Volkswagen Touareg is by far the best. My single complaint is that the V6 needs a little more get-up-and- go. The lack of power wouldn't keep me from buying the vehicle again, but it is a minor drawback. However, the positives far outweigh the negatives on this vehicle. It handles incredibly well given it's weight - you actually feel safer because it feels like you are driving a tank built by Porsche. I almost didn't look at this vehicle because VW has done a poor of job advertising. Even their website and brochure do not describe this vehicle well. Some of the coolest features aren't found in their literature. Believe me, one test drive & your hooked.

Favorite Features

The seats are unbelievably comfortable. The stereo is awesome. The fit'n finish are top notch. There is secret storage under the passenger seat. I love the sun blocker above rearview mirror, MP3 input in center console instead of glovebox, sliding armrest, smooth ride and confident feel, rearview cam. this truck is different from any other vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

More power and better gas mileage for V6 engine. It is hard to see the overhead clock / compass. The folding rear seats should be a little easier. Add voice recognition for the navigation system. The cost of accessories and service are a little high. VW needs to include maintanence and loaner cars to compete with Lexus, BMW & Mercedes-Benz. Again, more this truck has positives than negatives, get one!