Used 2008 Volkswagen Touareg 2 VR6 FSI Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Touareg 2 model:

Very poor gas efficiency
By bochencz

2008 Volkswagen Touareg 2 VR6 FSI 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

If you want to live at the gas station, go and get VW Touareg. Very poor poor poor gasoline efficiency. I don't recommend this car to anybody. It's not worth money you paid.

Beware the total cost of ownership!
By jtmke

2008 Volkswagen Touareg 2 VR6 FSI 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have driven my Toureg for 39 months and 39K miles. The only reliability issue I have had has been the tailgate lift. After 36 months, the dealership finally showed me how to reset it myself. I was very disappointed by the $1k brake job and $600 tire replacement at 25K miles. This made my "affordable" lease payment not so affordable. I wasn't really expecting to put any maintenance costs into it for the first three years. I have loved driving this car. The base T2 is very nicely loaded, but I am happy to turn it in before anything else wears out. I will be switching to something with lower maintenance costs.

Favorite Features

Great ride, beautiful styling! Lots of power with base V6. Huge improvement from previous V6. Base model is very nicely equipped.

Suggested Improvements

Brakes and tires wear out very quickly. My dealer was not sympathetic of this. Of course, mileage could be better in city driving. I always got 20-22 mpg on road trips, that's not too bad considering the weight of the vehicle

get something else
By omg

2008 Volkswagen Touareg 2 VR6 FSI 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

first of all i had to change brakes at 16000 miles .the 19" tires stink, i blew 2 of them already.had timing chain replaced at 22000 miles

Favorite Features

sexy interior and exterior

Suggested Improvements

reliability

Fun "Mom" Car
By OnlyGerman4Me

2008 Volkswagen Touareg 2 VR6 FSI 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I drove an Audi TT prior to purchasing my Touareg, but once I decided to start a family I knew it was time to say good-bye. Coming from such a fun, sporty car, not just any replacement would do. I wanted something attractive with great handling and good acceleration. I also wanted some FEATURES. My Touareg has not disappointed. Any time I need a little extra power, I just throw her into Sport and take off. Is she as fast as my TT? No, but I don't expect that out of a SUV. The dropoff is not as significant as what I experienced when I test drove the Audi Q7. 2 years in, I have had no problems with the car at all. I just take it in every 10K miles for scheduled maintenance.

Favorite Features

Handles like a car. Good acceleration. Great standard features like moonroof, parking assistance, power lift gate, etc. I only added the lux package to get leather interior and heated seats to be satisfied.

Suggested Improvements

Although I paid more for my Touareg than my previous Audi, the service I receive when I go in for maintenance does not compare. Your customers are spoiled to the "perks" of Mercedes, BMW, Audi, etc. You have to spoil your Touareg customers - they paid for it! Oh, and gas mileage. It's poor.

LuvMy2008Touareg
By BestSUV

2008 Volkswagen Touareg 2 VR6 FSI 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I enjoy my Touareg because it the easiest SUV that I've ever driven. It actually drives like a sedan. No other SUV that I've ever driven compares to my 2008 Touareg. Handling both on and off road is superb. Can't wait for the next model.

Favorite Features

Drivability, handling, park assist and many many more. Everything automatic.

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage