2008 Volkswagen Rabbit Consumer Review: The perfect combination

2008 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback - Consumer Review

The perfect combination
By chuck54633 on

2008 Volkswagen Rabbit S PZEV 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

This car is the perfect compromise of all the requirements I have for a vehicle. I wanted something more fuel efficient and smaller than the truck I was driving, it had to be comfortable, fun to drive, and have room for my dog. I looked at every 4 door hatch on the market, especially the fit, versa, and the Astra. The Rabbit is the only vehicle in that group that feels like a real car. It feels like a budget BMW with comfortable seats, an excellent driving position, and a wonderful 6spd automatic. OK like most other people I wish it got better mpg, but you do have to consider the solid safe car you are driving. I'm seeing 25+ mpg in mixed spirited driving. You can do better with practice.

6 spd tiptronic transmission. The adjustable center arm rest of course! The comfortable seats, simple efficient controls. The combination of of good handling and low end torque is really fun.

Again for a 3100 lbs car that goes fast, 21/29 is not terrible fuel economy, but it would be nice if they could improve it a little. It would be nice to have a 12v outlet in the center console. I wish they had the new TDI engine in this car.