2008 Volkswagen New Beetle 2.5L 5-cyl. 6-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Never ever going back again

2008 Volkswagen New Beetle - Consumer Review

2008 Volkswagen New Beetle SE 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

Never ever going back again
By notlovingmybug on

2008 Volkswagen New Beetle SE 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I consider this car a lesson learned in poor decisions. I purchased this car new in 2008 and have had numerous problems. So many in fact I'm not sure I can list much less remember them all. I will make this short (as possible) and sweet(as possible). The passenger side window motor stopped working, the radio buttons stick, the console top has broken twice, the compressor is barely working therefore I have almost zero air conditioning and the transmission is failing. Not to mention the car has an odd odor that I cannot get rid of. A light continually stays on that I was told needed a computer upgrade but the dealership never seemed to have the "disc". Too many problems to list.

Favorite Features

Fun car to drive. The ONLY good thing I can say is I was hit from behind by a Cadillac Escalade and the car took most of the impact. My daughter and I were both very much ok and the Escalade took the impact much worse. That's it otherwise the car has been nothing but one problem after another.