2011 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:
Nice car, but clutch failure at 22,280 miles?!?
By jeremycarguy on 07/02/14 13:39 PM (PDT)

2011 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel TDI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

I purchased the 2011 VW Jetta TDI with the manual 6-speed transmission in January 2011. The car had significant problems at first with stalling. After a couple of tries, the dealership replaced the air mass meter which improved it significantly. At 22,280 miles, the clutch disk disintegrated. VW claims that his was normal wear and tear. However, on a previous car (87 Volvo 740T) I got 210,000 miles on the clutch. I know how to drive a clutch. I am a former licensed master auto mechanic, this is clearly a materials failure, and VW will not stand behind their product. They have lost a good customer and somebody who had been a good advocate for VW in the past.

Powerful diesel car
By timm333 on 10/22/11 09:01 AM (PDT)

2011 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel TDI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

Well this was my first time buying a new car, so I thought I would get what I wanted. I knew I wanted a diesel and the Jetta had all the other features that I wanted too. I bought the car on July 5th, 2011 and in the three months I have owned it I have already put 10,265 miles on it. I figured I might as well break it in while it is still on a warrenty. The engine puts out a lot of torque for its size. The 6m tranny is nice and you can get going fast pretty quick. I have only had the car up to 90mph and it handles pretty good at that speed (all though I don't drive it like that for long). I get more than the advertised 30pmg in town and have hit 50mpg on the highway.

Luv my TDI
By partymarty on 07/18/11 16:26 PM (PDT)

2011 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel TDI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

I purchased my TDI about three months ago, and I am extremely satisfied with all major aspects of the car; particularly the economy and performance of the Clean Diesel. However, I do have a few nitpicky quibbles: 1. There is no padding in the overhead storage compartment, so my glasses rattle when placed there. 2. I am getting used to the digital fuel gauge but I am still searching for some sort of engine temp gauge (I hate idiot lights!). 3. I am also still searching for the ACC setting on the ignition switch. 4. I wish I had adjustable lumbar supports on the front seats. 5. Why do I have to order a nav system to get optional fog lights? 6. There is a big blind spot in the left rear!

2011 Jetta TDI 6 spd MT
By mike18040 on 03/28/11 05:24 AM (PDT)

2011 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel TDI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

I have owned my Jetta for 2 weeks and absolutely love it. I read the Edmunds review prior to purchasing and I don't agree that VW has made a cheaper car. I owned a 2006 TDI and also loved that car, but I believe the 2011 is even better. The interior is wonderfully designed and high quality compared to many other cars. The 6 spd manual is silky smooth and fun to drive. It handles like it's on rails. The fuel mileage is unbelievable for the power that you get too! The leatherette seats are of very high quality and look great. Overall, this car is worth every penny and is not cheaply built in any way. It seems like it should cost a lot more.

2011 jetta
By dshibi on 10/05/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel TDI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

I just wanted to shed some light on the unrealistic views of some comments on here. I purchased a 2011 jetta tdi today and also own a 2006 jetta tdi. Everyone seems to be talking about low quality but i don't believe thats the case. My jetta is very well equipt with disc brakes all around, touch screen, bluetooth, heated seats and all the regulars VW has always had...for less then 25000. For those who want a cheap car they offer that as well in a bearbones model with drum rear brakes etc....but quality is still there. Bottom line is you get what you pay for, so instead of complaining about what your not getting..pay the extra few bucks and get what you want!! VW is quality and always was.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel in VA is:

$142 per month*