2009 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Review: What a TDI, think again

2009 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel - Consumer Review

What a TDI, think again
By Say no to TDI on

2009 Volkswagen Jetta TDI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

I purchased a 2009 Jetta TDI in June of 2009. I put a lot of miles on cars & I have put 36875 miles on this one in less than a year. It has been in the shop 2X for engine problems. First time it wouldn't start or even try to start. Had it towed to the dealer, they said there was nothing wrong with it. It's in the shop now with 2 bad fuel injectors, a bad fuel pressure sensor and a clogged DPF. I told the dealer many times that it would run rough, but they said there was nothing wrong with it. Luckily I had bought the 60k mile extended warranty, it covers everything except the DPF, & it was not covered by the extended warranty or the Federal Emissions Warranty. Wish I never bought this car!

Lots of power and better fuel mileage than a gas car. However it is missing things you would expect for paying 25k, like automatic headlights, dual climate control A/C or even an auto dimming rear view mirror.

I can only speak about the 09' TDI. There is definitely something wrong with the engine. Talked to VW Customer Care, in a nutshell, they don't care that I have had problems.