1994 Volkswagen Jetta 2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Buyer Beware....

1994 Volkswagen Jetta - Consumer Review

1994 Volkswagen Jetta GLS 4dr Sedan

Buyer Beware....
By Kristen on

1994 Volkswagen Jetta GLS 4dr Sedan

I bought my car after totaling my existing Jetta. Of course, I wanted another Jetta because my first performed so well, not to be the case with this car. The radio has broken, the dash lights don't work, the door locks and power windows are broken, as well as the power sunroof. I've had the car in the shop so many times I could have paid for a new one. I've contacted my local dealership, VW of America all the way up and no one has provided me with any help. The car was a lemon a month after buying it and hasn't changed since. I'll drive the car into the ground because for the life of me I can't sell it and the dealership won't give me any value for a trade-in.

Favorite Features

I loved the sunroof the one year it worked, and it used to get good gas mileage, but now I only get about 15 - 18 miles per gallon

Suggested Improvements

Start over with something new,e very person I know who owned this model & year hate their car. I'll never buy another VW. The dealer sold it to me w/ one year on the waranty, only to tell me it was expired when I went in for the first repair 2 months later.