The Eos Stands Alone
By Phil on
2007 Volkswagen Eos 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)
I just picked up my new black on black Eos two days ago, so these are just my initial impressions. I consider the exterior to be stately and not flashy. The versatility of the roof is unique and fun! The interior is impeccable and well thought out, although it could use a few more cubbyholes for sunglasses, phones, etc. The interior storage becomes limited, when you opt for the navigation system, which moves the 6 CD player from the dash to the center console between the front seats. The Eos is very quick and responsive once the turbo kicks in. There is a slight hesitation from a dead stop, but once the turbo kicks in, you're in for a great driving experience.
Favorite Features
The fact that it is a coupe when the top is up, the sunroof and full convertible top versatility, the navigation system is easy to use with a very clear map, the comfortable seats, how the rear wind blocker also serves to cover the rear seats allowing you to hide articles placed on the back seat, if you run out of trunk space. The standard radio is excellent.
Suggested Improvements
Add more cubbyholes and better exterior color choices. My Eos is black on black, yet the A-pillars and sun visors are a light gray. I would have preferred all black. I gave reliability a 9, because I'm optimistic that it will hold up over time. VW certainly seems to have used top notch materials.