2008 Toyota Tundra Consumer Review: Critic of tundra

2008 Toyota Tundra Regular Cab - Consumer Review

Critic of tundra
By bill case on

2008 Toyota Tundra Tundra Grade 2dr Regular Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

My last truck was a 1500 gmc and while it was a decent pick-up this truck is heads and shoulders above it.The 5.7 is powerful and the 6 speed transmission is real smooth. I have a 24' travel trailer that weighs 5800 lbs loaded and it pulls it with no effort at all. Dislikes: I don't like the way it revs when you first start it cold. It's almost 2000 rpms and holds for about 10 to 15 seconds. The gas gauge reads 1/2 full and only takes 8 gallons of fuel and the oil gauge holds slightly below the 1/2 mark. I've never had a car or truck that didn't hold a least 30 lbs oil pressure when driving, but I'm being told that this is normal. I'm keeping an eye on it and hopefully it won't go lower.

Engine power, smooth transmission, cabin roominess, sits high good vision. Smooth ride.

Gauges hard to see in daylight, should open everything up. hood sits to high, can't see directly in front of truck.