2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:
My Bulldog
By jake on 03/16/08 00:29 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab LB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Well it looks like a Bulldog sitting in the drive, just waiting to go off to work! I am very pleased and proud of the whole vehicle. Another fine Toyota! I have a few complaints though. See below.

it IS the Truck of the year
By pushm on 03/15/08 10:22 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Tundra Grade 4dr Double Cab 4WD LB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I was looking for the replacement of my old F150. I did my research (here at Edmunds as well :)) and just for the kicks decided to stop at the Toyota dealership. I've heard bad things about earlier TTs. I was not really going to buy one. But after testdriving TT with 5.7 6A I turned around and bought the truck. Just like that. No other trucks to test, no hesitations, no regrets. I've been driving it for a month now. Two trips to skiing areas (lots of snow). Couple of long rides on the freeway. IT IS NICE. There's nothing that I've driven before (truckwise) come even close.

Towing dream come true!
By Gail Shoults on 03/03/08 10:56 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab LB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Pulling a stock trailer loaded with four horses and forgetting they are behind me, compared with other half tons and being kicked around the road at times! the stress free tundra ride is a dream and the hauling capacity sold me hands down!

Well worth the 5.7L
By freddy five on 02/26/08 15:11 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab LB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

This is my first truck. Every vehicle I have ever owned was under powered and I made an agreement with myself that I would not make this mistake in a truck. I took it a little to far, because this truck has more power than I will ever need. But it is so much fun to smoke an F150 off the line when they feel the need to egg me on.

I love it!!!
By Scogginisland on 02/23/08 07:33 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab LB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I have had many trucks, all brands, some have been better than others but this Tundra is the best one that I have ever had. It is so much fun to drive that I'm looking for reasons to go out! I bought a 2007 SR5 SB in Nov 07 and while it was OK, I really wanted the LB version without the Off-Road package. So I sold the SB with only 1389 miles and bought the SR5 LB and couldn't be happier. It rides smooth, has unbelieveable power, and gets decent mileage. I have installed a back-up camera, fog lights, self-dimming mirror, in-channel visors, sill protectors, duals and bed extender all OEM and the great thing is that it was already prewired for all the electrical installations. I love this!

Just an Awesome Truck
By J-Peg on 02/20/08 18:33 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I went from a 2004 Ford F-150 to the Tundra and what an improvement. This truck has some guts. The 5.7L will put back in your seat. It is fun to drive and I love how high I sit off the road (I have the TRD package). I'm in love with my truck!

High Quality, High Performance Truck
By GregS96 on 02/20/08 04:00 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Limited 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Leased this vehicle in Nov, 2007. 4,800 miles as of Feb, 2008. Former owner of a 2005 Dodge Ram Powerwagon. The Tundra Limited equipped with the off road package and navigation system is far superior in every respect, except dedicated offroading (no stock truck beats the Powerwagon for that). The Tundra is a large vehicle, but the parking sonar, rear view camera and outstanding turning radius makes it relatively easy to park and maneuver. Road manners are outstanding with performance car-like acceleration and passing capability. Back seat leg room is the best in its class. If it wasn't for its truck-like gas mileage (14.5 mpg average so far), it could easily pass for a daily driver.

Should have bought limited!!
By First Truck on 02/09/08 16:43 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I have always wanted a truck and when I was finally 'allowed', I traded my Lexus LS430 and Ford Explorer. I am so happy with my decision. I have already upgraded with a truxedo cover, upgraded homelink mirror, running boards, and backup mirror. I have been buying a lot of my parts. Maybe I should have paid an 5k for the limited? Who cares? This truck fits me so well and is a joy to drive. I am excited everytime I go into the garage (which by the way, I had to clean out to the back wall to fit this monster in!). My only concern is driving through the parking garage in Philly and wondering if the top will scrape!

A Work Truck AND an Luxury Car
By Steve H on 02/03/08 04:39 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

For the person who needs a 'Luxury Car' but WANTS A TRUCK- I would suggest looking into the Tundra X-SP Package. The leather seats and carbon fiber accents throughout the dashboard and arm rests make this truck luxurious and sporty. The BBS wheels and 305/50R 20 Michellins give this truck the perfect look, stance, and a ride that rivals any luxury car I have ever ridden in. The backseat of the double cab is roomy enough for someone who is 6'2" to sit comfortably behind someone 6'2" in the driver's seat. And the truck handles like a DREAM! I have driven F150s, RAMs, and Titans and this truck out accelerates and handles all of them. I LOVE MY TRUCK!

Toyota Gets It Right
By 1972ck on 01/26/08 07:05 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

This will be Tundra #3 for me. While I enjoyed my last Tundras this one is by far the most capable. Excellent acceleration, braking. Can't wait to hook it up to my travel trailer and see how she tows! Like the comfort and conv. items in the interior. Turning radius is awesome! Special ordered mine took a bit to get but worth the wait. If you're in the market for a full sized p/u, you've got to give the all new Tundra a look. I drove the others and found the Tundra to be superior. The Dodge was cheap looking int., the Ford rode terribly. The Chevy was a close second but reliability scared me away. The Titan is a joke, no payload.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.