2008 Toyota Tundra Consumer Reviews 14

2008 Toyota Tundra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:
Love my Bully
By Joe on 03/27/08 23:50 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Tundra Limited 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Love this truck extremely. Had an 04 tacoma with trd package, kinda rough. Traded that in for an 06 tundra 4dr. with the TSS package. When I read about the new tundras with the 5.7, went to test drive one. Loved the power. So in feb. 08, went in and came out with an 08 Limited with the TSS package. Had to get used to the auto tilt, and telescopic steering wheel.

Critic of tundra
By bill case on 03/24/08 09:27 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Tundra Tundra Grade 2dr Regular Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

My last truck was a 1500 gmc and while it was a decent pick-up this truck is heads and shoulders above it.The 5.7 is powerful and the 6 speed transmission is real smooth. I have a 24' travel trailer that weighs 5800 lbs loaded and it pulls it with no effort at all. Dislikes: I don't like the way it revs when you first start it cold. It's almost 2000 rpms and holds for about 10 to 15 seconds. The gas gauge reads 1/2 full and only takes 8 gallons of fuel and the oil gauge holds slightly below the 1/2 mark. I've never had a car or truck that didn't hold a least 30 lbs oil pressure when driving, but I'm being told that this is normal. I'm keeping an eye on it and hopefully it won't go lower.

Scary fast and comfort!
By Jason on 03/17/08 09:39 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Downsizing from a 2500 diesel to this was easy. The cab room was awesome and the truck will move even with a load. No need for a 2500 with this truck and handles like a car. Completely impressed with the quality and the safety extra's Toyota puts in their products stock!

My Bulldog
By jake on 03/16/08 00:29 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab LB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Well it looks like a Bulldog sitting in the drive, just waiting to go off to work! I am very pleased and proud of the whole vehicle. Another fine Toyota! I have a few complaints though. See below.

it IS the Truck of the year
By pushm on 03/15/08 10:22 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Tundra Tundra Grade 4dr Double Cab 4WD LB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I was looking for the replacement of my old F150. I did my research (here at Edmunds as well :)) and just for the kicks decided to stop at the Toyota dealership. I've heard bad things about earlier TTs. I was not really going to buy one. But after testdriving TT with 5.7 6A I turned around and bought the truck. Just like that. No other trucks to test, no hesitations, no regrets. I've been driving it for a month now. Two trips to skiing areas (lots of snow). Couple of long rides on the freeway. IT IS NICE. There's nothing that I've driven before (truckwise) come even close.

Love the new Tundra
By Tundra Crew on 03/11/08 11:15 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr CrewMax SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Had an 06 Tundra which I didnít care for too much and traded for an 07 Tacoma that I loved. After buying my wife a new Highlander the dealership made me an offer I couldnít refuse on a new Tundra, and I love it. By far the best truck out there. Standard features are amazing, donít really need to add much to it to make it the perfect truck. I got 20 MPG on the highway coming home, you canít go wrong.

Towing dream come true!
By Gail Shoults on 03/03/08 10:56 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab LB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Pulling a stock trailer loaded with four horses and forgetting they are behind me, compared with other half tons and being kicked around the road at times! the stress free tundra ride is a dream and the hauling capacity sold me hands down!

Well worth the 5.7L
By freddy five on 02/26/08 15:11 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab LB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

This is my first truck. Every vehicle I have ever owned was under powered and I made an agreement with myself that I would not make this mistake in a truck. I took it a little to far, because this truck has more power than I will ever need. But it is so much fun to smoke an F150 off the line when they feel the need to egg me on.

TRUCK of the YEAR
By Bart on 02/24/08 18:31 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr CrewMax SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Test drove every truck in its class, and have to say that this is the full package. The best truck out there for the money. It blows every one of the other trucks out of the water. It comes with so many standard and safety features that with the other trucks if you added the same options they would cost more. I'm very happy with the purchase and I just recommend that everyone test drive the Tundra and you will see why it is TRUCK of the YEAR!!!

I love it!!!
By Scogginisland on 02/23/08 07:33 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota Tundra SR5 4dr Double Cab LB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I have had many trucks, all brands, some have been better than others but this Tundra is the best one that I have ever had. It is so much fun to drive that I'm looking for reasons to go out! I bought a 2007 SR5 SB in Nov 07 and while it was OK, I really wanted the LB version without the Off-Road package. So I sold the SB with only 1389 miles and bought the SR5 LB and couldn't be happier. It rides smooth, has unbelieveable power, and gets decent mileage. I have installed a back-up camera, fog lights, self-dimming mirror, in-channel visors, sill protectors, duals and bed extender all OEM and the great thing is that it was already prewired for all the electrical installations. I love this!