Good Truck
By oldguy42 on
2013 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)
I had been driving a 1994 Toyota pickup for 17 years and decided to trade for a new one. I was sure it would be another Toyota, and spent quite a bit of time deciding which model to get. I'm hopeful that my research might help others in deciding what to buy. I mostly drive the truck back and forth to work, so it was important to get a comfortable vehicle that is fun to drive. The SR5 package has more comfortable seats in my opinion and a nicer interior, so I got the SR5 package. The 4-cylinder has plenty of power for me. The truck is quiet and comfortable and I enjoy driving it.
Favorite Features
I use the truck quite a bit for hauling yard waste and brush. I do some volunteer work hauling for older people in the community hauling their yard waste. I occasionally haul some lumber and plywood for home projects, and occasionally my wife calls me to get a piece of furniture. For my needs, a shorter truck is better than a tall truck. The 1994 truck was easier to load and unload that the new truck because it was lower to the ground. The full sized trucks I looked at would have been very difficult to load and unload. I can load this truck from the sides and back, but it is a stretch for my wife to load from the sides.
Suggested Improvements
I don't think this truck has enough power to pull a trailer. It's great for hauling, but if I had a boat I think I would get a full sized truck to pull it. I've pulled trailers at work, and it seems to me a bigger truck is better. Overall I'm happy with the truck. It's a pleasure to drive and meets my hauling needs. I recommend it for people with needs similar to me.