2011 Toyota Sienna - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:
Don't Buy the Navigation System
By ghung on 09/28/11 16:56 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Sienna XLE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I just purchased my 2011 XLE Sienna two weeks ago and found out that not all addresses are in the navigation system, even those that have been in existence for quite some time. When I had the dealership check it, they said they cannot do anything because the disk that uploads the direction is contracted out to a third party vendor. When asked if the problem can be resolved, they said they cannot guarantee that the issue would be fixed. I was then directed to the corporate customer relations department. The representative said the same thing and was not very helpful. To make a long story short, I would think twice about buying this since Toyota doesn't appear to have this problem resolve.

Sienna Cruise Control Problem
By texastuit on 09/27/11 19:07 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Sienna XLE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We've had our Sienna for almost a year now and thoroughly enjoy driving it. The pick up and turning radius are great. I have only two complaints.....Our LXE has everything but the DV D package and YET....No automatic headlights. The dash lights come on automatically but NOT the headlights....go figure. More annoyingly, when decending even a SLIGHT grade, the cruise control can not keep the set speed within 10-15 MPH. Took it in for check out and was told to read the owners manual...No other vehicle I own or have owned seems to have this problem. Granted, they may gain a few MPH, but will hold the speed much closer than this. Look out speeding ticket!

Great car if you like Squeaky Seats
By marktuyet on 09/24/11 06:56 AM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Sienna 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

Nice looking mini van but Toyota skimped on the quality of the interior especially the seats. Imagine your surprise after buying an expensive automobile and every time you or a passenger are in it the seats squeak terribly. I am talking about all the seats. The seat backs squeak and the seat bottoms squeak when you shift your body weight the slightest. They squeak when you pull away and when you brake the van. The second row seats can be removed but you are left with a big,bulky track above the floor level. Terrible design ! I have owned this vehicle over 1 year and have over 20,000 miles on it.

Good family car, need to improve some designs
By juan_preciado on 09/19/11 18:01 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Sienna LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I change this van, upgrading from a 07 Honda Oddysey, I have more than a year with it, and will said that I miss the honda, but this have some new features, like the electric power steering, that is a big difference from a hydraulic one, this will make the city drive more comfortable, but I think, I need more attention to drive on the road, because steering is so soft to move. I believe that the honda had better aceleration on the start (low RPM). The new dessing for the middle seat are not rigth, the seat are getting too hard to move, my wife can not move them anymore, and the floor mat get stuck under the seat very often. The front seat has the problem that the plastics keep falling off.

Love the Sienna!
By dburnrph on 09/10/11 17:14 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Sienna SE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We traded in our 2007 Saturn Outlook XE for the new Sienna SE. We are very happy. Love the look and drive of the sporty SE. Great gas mileage, huge amount of room.

Excellent
By fcarre2 on 09/07/11 12:51 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Sienna Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Previous Odyssey owner but needed AWD. The difference between the Honda and Toyo products are a wash...+ and - to both...hard to believe people make out the difference to be greater than it is. Owned an Escalade ESV before the switch to minivans and can't believe I even thought the Caddy was a great family car. My wife came around to minivans following the Escalade debacle and never looked back...she is very happy. Minivans are incredibly flexible and easy to live with especially when it comes to parking (good luck parking Escalade in tight spots). Better performance in mtn driving than expected secondary to a well balanced suspension. 6' tall and seats are great

another swagger wagon owner
By hborgaonkar on 08/31/11 12:26 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Sienna LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After test driving a lot of CUVs and vans we couldn't resist the value and potential reliability of Sienna to replace our 03 Sienna (no that it needed raplacement). We are pleased with the space and tech goddies compared to 03. The drivetrain is sublime. the V6 is very punchy and the 6 speed is smooth. on a 400 mile trip we got 25 mpg. my wife absolutely loves it. hope we are set for another 10 yrs. though I have noticed cost reduction in interiror trim. AT the end, as long the trim holds up, relaiblity of major electromechanical items (aka powertrain, power equipment) is what matters.

Poor Engineering
By londo1 on 08/20/11 05:24 AM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Sienna Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Poor service, poor engineering = worthless car...We also had issues with unintended acceleration. Our car was in an accident as a result of this, yet Toyota claimed nothing was wrong with the car. We will never buy another Toyota product.

Happy With Sienna
By wardw on 08/15/11 12:47 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Sienna LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is first Toyota ever. I have always avoided them due to the rip-off junk and fees Southeast Toyota adds on to the stickers. They still do it but are doing a little better job of hiding them. At any rate, I bought it because of the large amount of space between the first and second row seats (due to the second row seats long travel). While yes, some of the dash components are cheap, I can live with it. They at least made an effort to make a minivan look different. The engine is smooth and the new six speed trany works well.

2011 Sienna Disappointment
By rxgirl1210 on 08/11/11 16:24 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Sienna LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I recently bought a 2011 Sienna. My 2nd Sienna (previous 2001) that I traded in for new one. What an all around disappointment. It screams CHEAP, CHEAP, CHEAP!!! Toyota should be ashamed of themselves for what they did to this vehicle. The interior is especially lousy! Hard, cheap plastic everything! I'd give anything to have my beautiful, old one back. There are so many flaws and disappointments in this van, I wish I could bring it back to the dealer. The 2011 will NEVER go the distance like previous generations.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Toyota Sienna in VA is:

$108 per month*