Used 2011 Toyota Sienna Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Toyota Sienna - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:

Buyer beware! Sienna tires don't last!
By geri6

2011 Toyota Sienna LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Make sure to put money aside if you buy a Sienna! At 13,000 miles I was told I needed new tires on the front. By 15,000 I definitely needed new tires! Toyota shuffled me back and forth to corporate, Firestone, and back to the dealer. At no point did Toyota ever take responsibility for anything! Firestone was great, but Toyota was definitely lacking (and I had followed their maintenance regime to the letter!). So, get a good deal if you plan to buy a Sienna because you will probably be getting a new set of tires within the first year! Crazy! P.S. They also "corrected" the alignment--even though it is impossible to adjust the rear alignment without shims! Seriously Toyota?

Toyota needs to take responsibility for their product! The tires themselves did not fail...the mechanics of the van caused them to wear poorly! You could have had a happy Toyota customer, but now I feel I have been put off, shuffled around, inconvenienced, and am out $400!! Get it together Toyota!

Toyota GPS - Do not purchase
By paulb9

2011 Toyota Sienna XLE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The installed Toyota GPS, while fun to use with it's large touch screen is DVD based, and the disk provided with my NEW Sienna was two years out of date... does not even have my street included (5 years old). AND... Toyota wants a ridiculous $250 for an updated disk! You can purchase a much better GPS, more features, and lifetime map updates for a little more than half that. Just stick it to the face of the Toyota display... Come on Toyota - get reasonable. A NEW car should at least have a current verions disk... and be provided with updates during warranty.

We like our Toyotas (have several). Do NOT like the GPS.. limited functionality, very expensive, out of date, and update disks are VERY expensive.

Provide resonably priced GPS updates.. or free for new cars and under warranty.

Great Van For Real Men
By tdsd2

2011 Toyota Sienna SE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I love my Sienna SE. It looks good, fun to drive, fast, comfortable. I've owned a lot of cars in my 69 years and this is one of the best. I see a lot of people don't like the interior dash material. I like it very much. I think it has a rich feel to it. Not a fan of the design of the dash. It looks to feminan for me. I went from a full size Chevy conversion van to this and I seem to have just as much room. Since the seats fold, I think I can get more stuff in this than my Chevy. Won't go into details but had problems with the Chevy was reason for changing. Never been a fan of the Toyota logo so I changed all the emblems to Lexus. Some may not approve of this but I get a lot of looks.

Performance. My wife complains that it is too fast. It has the same 0-60 time as my 1967 Dodge R/T 440, 375 HP Muscle car did. Great handling. I'm a sports car fan and this handles very well. Fold down rear seats are easy to use. Really like the way it looks. Love the wheels on the SE

Make the dash a little more masculine, make the logo a little more masculine. No other suggestions.

Dissapointment
By tip4u

2011 Toyota Sienna LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

I am not mechanical at all .So this review is driver experience only .After driving 37,000kms and a year in ,the 2011 Sienna is uncomfortable in the drivers seat .Cheap seats. The design of the tracks that the middle row runs on, is horrible and the seats are so heavy to remove .I am 6ft and 190 lbs 40 yrs old and find it hard to remove the middle row .When you remove the middle row and fold the rear seats becareful not to damage the rails when you put your cargo in . The exterior paint is soft and the windshield is rough when the wipers pass over it on a showery day .Looks good on the outside .Lots of cargo area . The eight passenger will not be happy.Drives nicely and pick up is good

Light Steering .Rear camera . Cargo area .Spacious cabin

put some comfort in the drivers seat

disapointed in some aspects of the design
By tom344

2011 Toyota Sienna LE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

It rained last night. The roof was wet. I needed to roll down the drivers side window to see. The water from the roof poured directly into the car. The controls for the power windows got very wet. To make it worse each window control sits on top of a small well that holds the water and assures that it drains into the window control mechanism. The interior side of the front doors seem flimsy. I am tall and my left knee pushes against the protrusion that holds the window controls. I see it flexing each time my left leg moves. I am concerned that the flimsy plastic that makes up the interior door will eventually crack after repeated exposures to my left leg pushing against it.

I like the 180 rear view camera used for backing up. I like the middle seats ability to slide back. This really helps when you have several tall people in the car.

I wish they had a camera for the front. It is impossible to see how close you are to the car or curb in front of you when trying to park.