2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sienna model:
Better than expected
By brifromwi on 05/11/11 19:51 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After much debate, we sold our 2005 Sienna XLE and found a great deal on a 2011 Sienna Limited ($2200 under invoice!). The ride is superior to our 2005; I would describe it as more "plush". The interior cabin noise is much improved over the '05 as well. Overall, in our mind, the Sienna beats the honda and the nissan hands down. The ability to move the second row so far back was what sold us on the Sienna. Overall, we are really happy with the purchase.

Really don't like this car...
By shallhb on 01/04/11 19:43 PM (PST)

2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After really studying min-vans and SUVs, I decided on the Sienna, based partly on friends' recommendations, based partly on experience with Lexus (a near Toyota). Purchased a limited in April. What a disappointment!. We paid for a aftermarket navigational device. It never arrived, and we got our money back in August. In September, I hit our gate and damaged a door. the car was in the shop for 5 weeks because Toyota didn't have the parts available (according to the body shop, at least). It's noisy, big and a rough ride. Mine is once again in the shop. Brake trouble this time.

Wow, Not What We Expected
By brightsun1 on 11/15/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is our 3rd Sienna. Always liked the solid quality of these cars. New interior panels are very hard and cheap looking. My wife loves all the convenience gadgets. But.. the sliding doors are starting to stick and the power steering is making a strange crunching noise. Took it to the dealer. Yes, Toyota is aware of these things. There is no fix. Now, some of the electronics seem to be intermittently failing. It is amazing to me that these things are happening if Toyota had tested them out before releasing production. Last model was higher quality.

A great minivan
By MyFirstMiniVan on 11/15/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We just purchased a new 2011 Sienna Limited with Advanced Tech Pkg. Previous vehicle was gas-guzzling Lexus SUV. We really like all the options and technology it has to offer. Drove the 2011 Odyssey but for the $ we could get a lot more Sienna and a great family hauler that is noticeably quieter. The driver's seat could use some work with the headrest. At 6'3" I find it difficult to get comfortable and Toyota made a huge mistake with that awful faux wood on the dash.

First Time Minivan Owner
By dleininger on 11/03/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We just purchased the new 2011 Sienna Limited FWD in Blizzard Pearl, and WOW am I impressed so far. We're going to have 3 kids under 3 yrs old here shortly. This thing is truly loaded with every feature you could think of. The ride is so smooth, quiet and effortless, and I'm LOVING all the electronics for sure. The dealership had two identical Limited's in Blizzard Pearl, so we got FWD vs. AWD. I was surprised that only FWD has auto fold 3rd row seat (better mpg too). Have received multiple compliments from carpool riders. IMO the interior materials look nice, not cheap as others have said. Just pay a few extra $$ and get the limited with all the fun options. You won't regret it.

Wow. What a difference.
By SoCal Marine Family on 09/24/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We bought our Sienna as a replacement for our 2005 Honda Odyssey EX-L. Our Honda was a great van, and with a large family (5 kids) it was time to find another mini-van. We looked at the upcoming 2011 Honda Odyssey and felt it was a "step backward" in it's design, not very appealing. We liked the way the 2011 Sienna looked and once we test drove it, we knew this was it. At that point it was just a matter of which trim level to buy. Since my wife would only compromise on one color (Blizzard Pearl White), we had to buy the Limited FWD. What Mommy wants, Mommy gets. And I have to keep Mommy happy. If you do the research, you can save A LOT of cash on a purchase. Do your homework!

Sadly Disappointed
By aj on 09/17/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Been a loyal Toyota fan and currently have a 2006 Sienna XLE. Went to check out the 2011 Limited and have mixed feelings. The exterior is nice and the technology offerings is up with the times. The interior though is very cheap from the leather, stitching, and most of all the front dashboard. I will probably stick with my current Sienna which feels very luxurious or switch to a different maker. Feels like Toyota just released a superficial vehicle hoping no one would notice the low quality inside. Makes me wonder where else they did cost savings.

Definitely improved and worth it.
By Ty on 07/15/10 12:23 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We looked at minivans for years before finally buying this. It was not so much the soccer-mom stigma but also the price as you get into the more loaded models. We did not want a stripped down model since this was also for the long trips and outings. The Honda was ok but uncomfortable, lacked the refinement and was too rough-riding for the family. This new Sienna is not spongy but not harsh either. The interior is astonishing and the bells and whistles make a 10 min show-off session to neighbors and relatives. The kids love it and just want to hang out in it all day and my wife proudly calls it the Swagger Wagon. LTD is expensive but compares very well to what 40k buys these days.

Not a minivan person
By NB on 05/22/10 13:33 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I did not want a minivan. I had a 12 year old Tacoma on big tires and I LOVED it. With the upcoming hope of a 2nd child, my husband convinced me to get a minivan. I am a convert - this van is awesome and the convenience factors outweigh any cares I have of what anyone thinks about me because I drive a minivan! This Sienna is a dream to own, a dream to drive, a dream just to go shopping in because all the auto doors are so convenient. It's roomy and comfortable inside, sometimes I ride in the 2nd row seats just because they're so comfy. We've already taken a 4 day road trip with the toddler and dog and it was a great way to travel! The front row passenger seat lays almost flat to sleep in.

Great Family Car!
By OCTG787 on 04/09/10 18:57 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Always wanted a minivan for yrs, w/its unmatched sliding doors, spacious 3rd row seating, cargo room. Traded in wife's sedan, and she's now a believer and agreed that should have bought the van yrs before. Even the toddlers love the van and want to play in it. The Limited FWD looks sharp (grill is just like Venza/Avalon),has great suspension and ride is very comfortable (between Lexux ES350 and Highlander) w/low wind noise. Brake feels solid. Making U-turn w/o problem, and can back up easily w/the back up camera and parking sensor. It has pretty much all the gadgets the ES350 has and more. All 4 windows go up/down with one touch button. Love the sunshade on 2nd row (to protect the kids).

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Toyota Sienna Minivan in VA is:

$106 per month*