1996 Toyota RAV4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:
1996 RAV4 2 Door
By 1996 Toyota RAV4 on 04/05/09 14:00 PM (PDT)

1996 Toyota RAV4 2dr SUV

Purchased my RAV4 as a tow car for large motorhome.I have an interchangeable brush guard and tow bar. Very easy to tow, fun to drive. 29 MPG, with 5 speed. Has front and back sun roof. Well built little car, serviced every 3000 miles, not one single problem. I like the cargo style door in back with fold down seats there is a nice storage area. It has 116,000 miles and is driven about 40 total miles each day to work. Blue paint still looks new. I will buy another one when this one wears out... however, I hope for another 100,000 miles.

96 RAV4 Review
By Lee on 12/22/06 16:51 PM (PST)

1996 Toyota RAV4 2dr SUV

I have 92,000 miles and service it every 3000 miles. Drive 18 miles to work each day at around 26 MPG. My RAV is a five speed and I tow it behind a large RV, great RV tow car. I have an interchangeable brush guard and tow assembley on front. Great AC and heat and park anywhere. I have really enjoyed the car. Fun in the mountains of north Georgia. Double sun roof, paint finish is still very good. Paid $11,500 for the car about seven or eight years ago. I think it is a good little car. I plan to keep the car until the wheels fall off.

I love my car!
By Danielle on 04/25/05 01:07 AM (PDT)

1996 Toyota RAV4 2dr SUV

Toyota's are good cars but I love my Rav 4! It runs good and its pretty convenient sometimes. You can get around small places easier than other cars. I have never had any major mechanical problems with it. Only little things. They are really great on gas especially now!!!

Fun Car to Drive
By markaustx on 09/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Toyota RAV4 2dr SUV

I bought my 1996 2 door RAV4 in 2000 and it's the most fun car I've ever driven. Got rid of my 2000 Honda Accord and bought the RAV4 and have never regretted it. It rides higher than the Accord and I do not feel at all claustraphobic (is that fear of small places or fear of Santa?). It's plenty peepy for a 4 cylinder and the styling is awesome. It's a shame they don't make the 2 door RAV4 anymore. There is a HUGE international fan club for the original RAV4.

Excellent
By parkinrange on 04/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Toyota RAV4 2dr SUV

My six year old Rav 4 has been reliable, with no mechanical problems. New tires, battery and regular maintenance is all I have had to do to keep it strong.

my rav
By dfarr on 12/07/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Toyota RAV4 2dr SUV

This is a great dependable sport utility