1998 Toyota Corolla Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:
Pocket Saver ( saved my truck )
By Dadjimmit on 01/18/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

Drove this car last year 1600 miles per week for about 4 months. We were moving and this car saved us hundreds of dollars in fuel. Did very little maintenance during that time period ( I was living in it ) We still travel a good bit. Car now has 110,000 miles all we have done is oil changes, plugs, wires, belt. Now needs struts. Usual wear and tear items. Hard to let go just need a bigger more comfortable travel vehicle.

Great Value
By gasparma on 12/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

This car has been an incredibly reliable, low maintenance vehicle that has performed as well as I expect a Toyota to perform. Other than the routine maintenance, only had one problem (throttle control valve) that was replaced by the dealership. This is a great car for those whose ego's don't need to be soothed by driving the biggest, fastest, etc. vehicle out there.

Reliable, Slightly Zippy Commuter Car
By coloradohunters on 11/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan

My Corolla has been an excellent commuter car - great gas mileage (close to 30 around town), easy to drive, and even a little peppy when you need it. For the 5 years my wife and I have driven it we've had no problems with it. Although it can be sluggish when it's loaded down. When my wife and I switched cars, my Camry for her Corrolla, I had to get use the less leg room and foot room.

Great little car!
By eemg6 on 07/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

My parents got me this car to drive to college and they have not regretted it. At 5,142 miles, it has plenty of pep-my mother prefers to drive it than her Lexus! The fuel economy is excellent, and the saftey features are also very appreciated. The only problem I have had is the passenger side power window/lock piece springing up-but the dealer replaced it with no charge. It is definately a fun, reliable, and practical car. I would most certainly recommend the Toyota Corolla.

Breaking the Corolla Legacy
By S Leney on 07/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan

I've always been a big Toyota fan and the reliability of the Corolla speaks for itself. So I was shocked to learn that at 70K miles I'm suddenly burning 1L oil/500 miles. My dealer has recognized this as an increasingly common problem with corollas with the aluminum block engine. Botton-line, engine rebuild even earlier than your average Dodge. BEWARE!

It's as good as they say
By Xellos on 06/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

This is a reliable, economical car - just as advertised. I've had to replace the clutch at 96,000 miles (a little early, in my opinion), but besides that, no worries! I got my Corolla used, and went to the effort to get the 5-speed. I'm glad I did, because I can burn plenty of rubber if I choose, and still get 40 mpg commuting to work. How many other cars can boast that, especially at 98k miles? I feel I've made the right choice getting a Corolla, and plan on driving it for many years to come.

Corolla: Great Car
By bluejaychico on 05/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan

If you're looking for reliable, this is the car for you. In 5 years, all I have ever had to do is change the oil. My Corolla has never given me a single concern. And the style never gets old. Great car in every aspect!

Reliable Reliable Reliable a little fun
By RJH on 04/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

This is the ideal car. A little fun to drive, quiet, comfortable. I upgraded tires which really improves ride and handling. Best value, these things run forever with basic preventative maintenance...

owner
By Dusten on 01/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan

Good car overall lacks power when loaded. Perfect commuter car with great gas milleage. Keep it tunned and oil changed and it will stay true to you

My Blessings
By Blessings on 01/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Toyota Corolla Sedan CE 4dr Sedan

I have had my car for almost five (5) years. I have been in three (3) car accidents with it. It was nothing but the power of GOD when I was in the three (3) different car accidents, my child was not in the car with me at no times. On January 2, 2003, I was coming from work and slid on Black Ice on the Garden State Parkway. Once again I was fortunate and Blessed my car finally came to a complete stop right before I hit the wall. A driver speeding in such hazardous condition going nowhere probably slid on the same Black Ice and ran right in the back of my car and smashed it. Sincerely, On My Bending Knees