Used 2000 Toyota Camry LE V6 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Best generation of Camry, in my opinion
By loneranger07

2000 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan

Always liked this generation the most, later they declined in build quality and too many electronic refinements: drive-by-wire throttle, automatic climate control. Also they stopped offering V6 with stick. Mine has leather, alloy wheels, sunroof. Bought used in 2009 with 64,000 miles for around $7500, probably could have negotiated dealer down but really wanted this car because of rarity. And besides regular maintenance and some worn out parts: suspension springs, clutch, and evap. charcoal canister, have had no unexpected issues. Engine is one of the best Toyota has ever made, great compromise between power and fuel economy. We have 123,000 now, happy that we bought it. K&N air filter too

Smooth V-6 power, 5-speed manual transmission, spacious interior with 4 occupants or less, cushy ride, fairly quiet on highway, sunroof.

Everything has been great, nothing has gone wrong or been unsatisfactory with realistic expectations for a high-mile used car over ten years old, even with typical high Toyota quality. Have barely needed to throw any money at it to maintain, and probably only replaced clutch because multiple people learned to drive stick on it and we also don't drive it gently because we love the power and control with the five-speed. Its not like it has a racing clutch and tranny, haha.

Love My Camry
By Holly

2000 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan

I have had my Camry for 10 years and have loved it. It has needed minimal repairs: new brake pads after 5 yrs, new battery after 10 years and a couple mufflers. It is fun and extremely comfortable to drive, and in fact is the only vehicle seat that doesn't aggravate my back condition. I would highly recommend it to anyone.

Smooth ride, seat comfort

Reliable car for work
By quin

2000 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan

I bought this car in 2000 and has use for 154,000 miles till today. Had it maintenance with oil service ( 4 quarts of SAE 5W30 oil preferred for Toyota 1MZ-FE engine good for fuel economy and good starting in cold weather) with oil filter changed @ 4,ooo miles as recommended by the manufacture or penzoil synthetic oil $20(Kmart) @6,000 miles. Had my coolant flush at about @50,000 miles with 1 gallon of antifreeze coolant $18 at toyota dealer. Had my 1 gallon DextronII transmission fluid $10 done @50,000 miles. Front Brake pad ($40pad+ $40labor)change @40,000miles and Back brake pad change@ 70,000miles. Battery change @6years. Windshield wiper change @5years. Tires change@40,000miles.

Timing belt,fan belt, water pump belt @ 96,000miles. Tune up 6 spark plug@ 60,000miles. Engine light on @ 120,000 with EGR insufficient flow which fail for smog check. EGR system cost $158, EGR valve , EGR sensor need to be check dealer estimate diagnostic test $90 even i know the code & cost more

improve low front could damage front bottom if pass low bumpy curve, fuel filter hard to reach if need to change, last 2 spark plugs are hard to reach if need to change, transmission plug need a hex to unscrew the nut

Best car ever
By J Schaefer

2000 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan

Purchased this car in 2004 with 48,000 miles. Currently has 222,668. Still on original brakes. Absolutely no repairs during ownership...has survived two deer crashes. Will drive 'til the bolts fall out. Certainly will replace with another Camry. Interior and exterior still look like new. Check engine light comes on when refill with gas. Mechanic turns it off each time I get oil changed. Terrific car!!

Electric sun roof, CD player, power seats, fast working heater.

Wow! Awesome
By BuckleUpSon

2000 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan

I've been driving this car for about five years, absolutely no problems. Which was a pleasant surprise considering 4 of the 5 years were from college driving, which was very tough on the engine I'm sure. Other than regular scheduled maintenance (oil changes, filter changes, etc.) I haven't had a single problem with the car, not one. Also, I have the v6 model, and was quite surprised at how "peppy" the car was even at high speeds.

Tape deck, yeah, tape deck. Because this car has a tape deck I can listen to my ipod with ease and no white noise like you get w/ fm transmitters. Also the body styling is modest but yet slightly sporty.

None, awesome car.