2000 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
Best generation of Camry, in my opinion
By loneranger07 on 05/14/14 13:18 PM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan

Always liked this generation the most, later they declined in build quality and too many electronic refinements: drive-by-wire throttle, automatic climate control. Also they stopped offering V6 with stick. Mine has leather, alloy wheels, sunroof. Bought used in 2009 with 64,000 miles for around $7500, probably could have negotiated dealer down but really wanted this car because of rarity. And besides regular maintenance and some worn out parts: suspension springs, clutch, and evap. charcoal canister, have had no unexpected issues. Engine is one of the best Toyota has ever made, great compromise between power and fuel economy. We have 123,000 now, happy that we bought it. K&N air filter too

Love My Camry
By Holly on 05/04/10 16:27 PM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan

I have had my Camry for 10 years and have loved it. It has needed minimal repairs: new brake pads after 5 yrs, new battery after 10 years and a couple mufflers. It is fun and extremely comfortable to drive, and in fact is the only vehicle seat that doesn't aggravate my back condition. I would highly recommend it to anyone.

Reliable car for work
By quin on 04/07/10 00:44 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan

I bought this car in 2000 and has use for 154,000 miles till today. Had it maintenance with oil service ( 4 quarts of SAE 5W30 oil preferred for Toyota 1MZ-FE engine good for fuel economy and good starting in cold weather) with oil filter changed @ 4,ooo miles as recommended by the manufacture or penzoil synthetic oil $20(Kmart) @6,000 miles. Had my coolant flush at about @50,000 miles with 1 gallon of antifreeze coolant $18 at toyota dealer. Had my 1 gallon DextronII transmission fluid $10 done @50,000 miles. Front Brake pad ($40pad+ $40labor)change @40,000miles and Back brake pad change@ 70,000miles. Battery change @6years. Windshield wiper change @5years. Tires change@40,000miles.

Best car ever
By J Schaefer on 10/06/09 06:31 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan

Purchased this car in 2004 with 48,000 miles. Currently has 222,668. Still on original brakes. Absolutely no repairs during ownership...has survived two deer crashes. Will drive 'til the bolts fall out. Certainly will replace with another Camry. Interior and exterior still look like new. Check engine light comes on when refill with gas. Mechanic turns it off each time I get oil changed. Terrific car!!

Wow! Awesome
By BuckleUpSon on 10/03/09 19:07 PM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan

I've been driving this car for about five years, absolutely no problems. Which was a pleasant surprise considering 4 of the 5 years were from college driving, which was very tough on the engine I'm sure. Other than regular scheduled maintenance (oil changes, filter changes, etc.) I haven't had a single problem with the car, not one. Also, I have the v6 model, and was quite surprised at how "peppy" the car was even at high speeds.

Reliable Work Horse
By Larry Cass on 07/10/08 11:56 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan

I bought the car used with more than 70,000 miles, and has been a very reliable, and trouble free car. The powerful V6 engine delivers a lot of power even when climbing hills and mountains--lots of torque.

Best vehicle I've ever owened
By T. Alva on 06/02/08 21:51 PM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan

Bought new in 1999 (V-6 2000 model). I've put over 168,000 miles on the car (driven across the US twice). In snow, ice, & sandstorms. Never a whimper of trouble. Getting 30 mpg. at 70-75 mph, and 20 mpg in-town. Replaced tires three times (Michelin Hydra - the best), windshield once, brakes done three times. Use only Mobile-1 oil. The only problem I had was when replacing timing-belt, had a new water-pump installed since the access was there. Service center used a non-toyota (cheap) pump that went bad in two months. New Toyota pump replaced and been running perfectly since (68,000 miles ago). I hate the thought of having to sell this car.

Great Make
By khreddy on 03/17/08 12:19 PM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan

Bought mine brand new in year 2000 and has about 128000 miles and runs as great as in 1st year. Ride is very smooth, does not make noise. In the initial I could not wait to drive it. Still loving every minute driving it.

Camry V6 LE
By rs on 01/21/06 03:44 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan

Bought this car new 6 years ago because I loved the lexus ES300 but did not want to pay $35k. Has the same engine and transmission which has been a pleasure to drive. Smooth, powerful, quiet, and very smooth shifts. Every time I drive a rental car, I can't wait to get back in my Camry. The original General tires were garbage. Try a set of Dunlop Sport tires for much better handling and wear. 89k miles now and never, ever a problem. All I do change the oil and do very little scheduled maintenance. Other than some wear on the steering wheel, still runs and looks like brand new. Had an Accord which I drove for 100k miles but this car has been even more reliable.

An Outstanding Ride!
By PharmMaster on 06/28/05 14:21 PM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan

I am a little tired of people calling the Camry boring on this site. Of course it's boring, but it will be happily running when most "sporty" rides like Jettas and Mustangs are being sold for scrap. My Camry rides like a dream and can blow the doors off most SUVs and other sedans. I love the look on some people's faces when I blow by them in my "boring" V6 Camry. If you want a car that will run forever, never leave you stranded, and has plenty of power go for the V6!