1990 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
my first car
By freydaddy on 04/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Toyota Camry 4dr Sedan

This is my first car ever, and while it is a bit slow, I love it. I bought it when it had 145k miles in 1/2001 and it now has 182k. The most serious problem I had to fix was to replace the distributor cap. Other than that it has just been regular maintenance.

best car i've ever owned
By bagua108 on 04/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Toyota Camry Deluxe 4dr Sedan

besides oil change, tires, brake pads, wiper blades. replaced distributor once. replaced battery once. replaced spark plugs once.

Almost 200K Miles and Still Rolling
By twakil on 04/02/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

I like this car (the V6). It's reliable, spunky, and durable.

Absolutely the best vehicle I've owned
By Vince on 03/13/02 15:13 PM (PST)

1990 Toyota Camry Deluxe 4dr Sedan

In 12 years I've had no serious problems with my 1990 Camry other than general matenance. I've owned nearly 20 vehicles in my lifetime, (GM, Ford, Chrysler products etc...) and the Camry is the very best car of all. I plan to buy a AWD Toyota RAV4 or Honda CR-V soon and hate the thought of parting with this reliable, dependable and trust worthy 1990 Camry. Perhaps it will end up with someone who will hang on to it for 12 years too!!!

Dependable Camry's
By luted on 03/09/02 00:59 AM (PST)

1990 Toyota Camry Deluxe 4dr Sedan

I bought this 1990 camry DX in June 2000 with milage of 132000. I have drove it for one and half years for 10K. It never gave me problems, I changed the engine oil every 3 month. the only extra "care" on the car is a tune up. Dependable, reliable. the drawback is that the 4-cylinder engine seems weak, it accelerates quite slowly. while the gas milage is quite good, usually 20 local, and up to 40 on high way.

experience with my camry
By camrydriver on 02/27/02 10:23 AM (PST)

1990 Toyota Camry 4dr Sedan

nice car, but std version has no tach but the pickup is not that bad. I'd rather be driving an 93 accord.