Used 1990 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1990 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

V6 Camry Smooth as Silk
By MacCamry

1990 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

I found a V6 Camry that was faithfully maintained by the previous owner and couldn't be happier with my purchase. With over 160K miles it still feels like a new car. No sports car handling, but smooth quiet and completely reliable. Driving this car it is easy to forget how old it is.

Silky smooth V6 is quick. Ride is very smooth, though not sporty.

Nothing. Remember this year is smaller than the newer models. Still big enough for fair amount of people or packages.

My Most Reliable Car Ever
By Mark S.

1990 Toyota Camry Deluxe 4dr Sedan

I've got 197,700 miles on my Camry and it still runs great! Not sure you can kill these vehicles. Everything remains in excellent working condition, including power locks, power windows and air conditioning that often are problematic on some other older vehicles. I've spent less than $2,000 on repairs and maintenance on this car over the last 10 years, including wear and tear items like tires and brakes.

Reliability, creature comforts like power windows and locks.

Frame is starting to creak and I'm told this is a common occurance. Spoils what otherwise is a vehicle that performs as well today as the day I bought it.

Will last forever if used well
By Sharkthefisher

1990 Toyota Camry Deluxe 4dr Sedan

My parents purchased the car last year at 192K and now has 206K and the engine is still running great. It's a stickshift and I enjoyed driving it. The car is mine now since my parents got a 96Le. The only major problem with the car right now is that it has a major clutch problem and is required to replace the whole set costing around 340 bucks which is not too bad for a car of that age. It has a 4 cyl and you'd be amazed the power it has. But as soon as it got fixed I am planning to use it well because I know those engine's last forever and I am not the first person who said that.

nice interior and exterior styling, manuel transmission, smooth 4 cyl engine, great gas mileage, decent stereo w/ 4 speakers, and a reliable car.

More firm suspension, comfortable interior material, normal seatbelts I never liked the automatic seatbelts.

Reliability and low maintaince
By Alissa Conant

1990 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

My car has 242,000 miles and it still runs great. It has some minor quirks, but overall this is a fantastic car. I forsee it running for another 50,000 miles with regular maintaince. By the way, it has NEVER broke down on me.

Great car
By Busmonkey

1990 Toyota Camry Deluxe 4dr Sedan

Incredible reliability and gas mileage. I once got 42 mpg on a trip from DC area to Albany, NY. Very little maintenance required to keep this car at its peak. This car has been driven over 25k mi a year, has been stolen and recovered, and has almost 240k mi on the odo. Only now is it showing signs of age.

Engine reliability, gas mileage, low- revving (3000 rpm in fifth gives 82 mph), build/design quality. I even love the oil filter location - just let it drain before removing.

Front fender wills always rust before anything else. Family-car body roll.