1990 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
This Car Saved My Life
By LastNite on 05/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Toyota Camry Deluxe 4dr Sedan

I bought this car just after my 18th birthday in April of 2002. It had 138K miles on it, and had virtually nothing wrong with it. It was my first car, and I loved the economy, reliability and simplicity of it. Unfortunately, one night I was stopped at a light with a small truck in front of me and a Lincoln Navigator going 45-50 mph obliverated the trunk and sandwiched me between the two of them. I am okay today, thanks to this miracle car. BUY IT!!

A reliable piece of work
By oldreliable on 05/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

My car just rolled over 250 000 km yesterday. I've had the car for about 5 years. Some basic stuff has had to be done, new alternator, break pads, and routine maintenance, but this car takes a licking and keeps on ticking. I've taken it to hell and back on several occasions, I drive it into the ground, but it always comes back to life the next time I want to cruise. A solid car, Toyota deserves a pat on the back.

My Beloved Camry
By KDiggity on 04/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Toyota Camry Deluxe 4dr Sedan

I wish every car was this reliable. But then again, all those auto mechanics would go out of business. This car has been through hell and back with no problems. It's been stolen and found in Wine Country, driven across the Canadian Alps, and has cruised the Sunset Strip in LA. Always ready to go, all the time. I love my Camry and will only part with it when either I give it to a loved one or it completely dies. 240K and still going.

PERFECT TEN
By Paperlantern on 03/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Toyota Camry Deluxe 4dr Sedan

Couldnt ask for a better vehicle. Purchased with 77K 6 years ago, now has 170K. Car has NEVER let me down, starts EVERY time FIRST time to this DAY. Engine still runs smooth and quiet, and the car handles like a dream even with original equipment shocks and struts. ONly work done in 6 years: 2 sets of brakes, 2 sets of tires, CV Boots and joints (tore one so jsut did the whole job) New battery, and new alternator. Right now it needs a rear main seal, and the right door lock sticks, but as long as I keep oil in it it runs like a dream.

Just reliable
By camrywelldriven on 03/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Toyota Camry Deluxe 4dr Wagon

Never left stranded by this car, have driven it all over the U.S. and to Canada, usually in long stretches. 10,000 in two weeks on time. Car always ready to go, V-6 strong, even when completely packed. Mileage consistent until recently dropping from 26mpg to around 20, but that's after 60,ooo miles in less than 3 years.

Long Lasting Toyota
By Nenron Giggleson on 02/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Wagon

I purchased a 1990 Toyota Camry LE Wagon in 1990. I just sold it and it was the best car I ever had. No trouble no crashes nothing. I drive to New York and back everyday and it never gave up on me. When I finally sold it, it had 240,000 miles on it. It was sad to let it go but I bought a new car.

'90 Camry-Best Car Ever
By ced on 02/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Toyota Camry Deluxe 4dr Wagon

This has been the best car I have ever owned. It has been comfortable, reliable, and virtually a no-cost car. The only repairs have been brakes and at 70,000 miles a radiator. How could you want a better car?

Not as good as others I guess
By Scottie on 01/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Toyota Camry Deluxe 4dr Sedan

1990 stick shift with 140K miles. Car doesn't like third gear (clutch, gas, count to '2', shift - easy does it- GRIND - ouch - clutch, gas). AC just went out last week, but it was really cold until then. Have an oil leak, had it repaired once but might be coming back. Hate the location of the oil filter, when you take it off oil runs down the front of the engine. I get about 29 mpg. Dropped about $2500 in repairs in 2001 and with the oil leak and AC going would guess I will have to pony up about another 2K or finally get a new car.

Not as good as others I guess
By scottie on 01/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

great hand-me-down
By pcs24 on 01/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

my mom gave me this car in 97, with 110k on it. since then only minor work has been needed to be done. I now have 207k on it, i need to replace the front axles and bearings($600), and i just replaced the break pads a few months ago. This car has really held up over the years...i definately put it through hell. i'll be sad to see it go.