Used 1990 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1990 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

1990 Toyota Camry

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

320k and runs better than my new car
By Matt

1990 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

My parents bought it brand new in 1990 fully loaded and once I graduated high school, they passed it onto me in 1994. Since then I've owned 5 cars and every single one did not live up to the Camry. The car has been great! 320k on original engine and transmission and still runs like a champ! Gas mileage can be better but it's a V6 from the 1990s so not much complaint. No paint problems or rust. This car is most definitely going to stay with me till its not running. Toyota surely made this vehicle to last last and last. Props to them.

Favorite Features

Power moonroof, comfortable leather seats, powerful engine, requires very little maintenance.

It's a Beast
By Jeff...

1990 Toyota Camry 4dr Sedan

This car was grabbed from my cousin who got it from my grandma, he ran it into the ground. We jump it, drift it, everything, cruises super smooth at 80+ it will not stop. Currently its getting bearing and struts, the struts were so bad it would launch someone if they were jumping on the front bumper. The manual is amazing and the gear ratio for a 5 speed beats anything around!

Favorite Features

Manual, if you know how to drive you can get alot of power from it, the tight E-brake, low profile of the body, huge trunk space. Engine is super easy to work on, oil filters in a perfect position.

Suggested Improvements

Head space, needs a little more. That's about it!

Takes a Lickin & keeps on Tickin
By Mike S.

1990 Toyota Camry 4dr Sedan

I bought my Camry right after 9/11 at a public auction for about a grand after taxes and stuff. It was used and abused at 200,000 miles and still runs good at 271,000 miles. I always said that I would get tired of this car before it got tired of me, and I was right. I'll probably be selling "Hillary" soon, and the new owner won't be getting a lemon either. Repairs have been few and far between, a couple alternators (non-Toyota replacements), a broken timing belt (probably the original), power window motor, etc. It's hard to drive a car with so little power in a city these days, but I do most of my driving in rural Illinois anyway.

Favorite Features

Comfortable seat. Good interior layout. Reliability. Smooth ride, even at 75+ MPH . Decent handling, but nothing to get excited about. Good interior size, and a surprisingly large trunk.

Suggested Improvements

Too much rust, we don't all live in sunny arid climates where nothing ever rusts! No freaking power. MPG could be better, but then again this is a car from another era.

The real energizer bunny!
By glennno

1990 Toyota Camry Deluxe 4dr Sedan

This was purchased ($900.00) for my at the time 25 year old learning to drive wife. She didn't want a new car, for fear of destroying it (NYC). The car had 96,000 miles and we put a tranny in it for $1500.00 six months later. So $2400.00. It was stolen and recovered after missing for a week, funny thing is the thief was pulled over because HE kept driving it 6 days later. Any way moved to Florida in 2006, it now has 209,453 miles and I only put another $200 dollars in it for a new radiator. This is the BEST built car ever!!!

Favorite Features

Reliability... bottom line

Suggested Improvements

Rust on the wheel wells.

I love ths car!
By jake

1990 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

Just bought it today! $2000 Cdn 1990 Camry auto 4cyl 2.0 l recently painted - very classic look! 131000 km, new tires, recent brakes, new paint and smooth smooth smooth Not the best pick up, but I'm gonna just cruise.

Favorite Features

Smooth ride

Suggested Improvements

Standard transmission? and a little more pep