Used 1990 Toyota Camry Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1990 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Only car I ever want
By dave9090

1990 Toyota Camry Wagon Deluxe 4dr Wagon

I am the second owner. Currently has 202,000 miles, bought it at 170,000. Best car I have ever owned. Cruises on the highway, solid build, supremely reliable. I wouldn't hesitate for a second to drive this car across the country, even with 200k on it. Even though it's an Arizona car and has been meticulously maintained by myself and the original owner, its condition is a testament to Toyota quality. Both interior and exterior literally look brand new, save for some slight paint fading from the strong sun here. All the power features still work flawlessly. Easy and inexpensive to work on. Nothing fancy, but I don't want to drive anything else.

Favorite Features

Easy to work on. Everything I've ever had to do has been easy to access, parts are available and inexpensive. Better side and rear visibility than any other car I've driven. Incredibly solid, well-built car. I take good care of it, but I have also used and abused this car way beyond what should be expected of it and it's solid as a rock. Still gets 30 mpg at 75 on the highway.

Suggested Improvements

Cup holder gets in the way of the radio. That's all I got. This car is 99.9% perfect.

keeps on keeping on
By roseygal

1990 Toyota Camry Wagon LE V6 4dr Wagon

I'm at the point where I have to decide if it's time to let go and the truth is I just don't want to! I can't even find a kbb value for a 1990, but mine still looks pretty good and only has 140,000. miles. It needs a little work now, but for 6 years I didn't put a drop of money into her, except oil changes. I was the second owner.

Favorite Features

smooth ride. I've been test driving cars that are ten years older and I still prefer how mine feels. I drive a v-6

Suggested Improvements

it's old so of course it's not the prettiest of cars!

the man
By segelstrom101

1990 Toyota Camry Wagon Deluxe 4dr Wagon

hello i picked up my 1990 toyota camry dx in november with 131,256 miles and boy am i impressed. lots of power good mpg and really comfortable. the heat blows like you couldn't believe and the ac is amazing. it definitely is what gave toyota the name it holds today. the only thing i have had to do in repairs besides the rust fixing is a gas line and a radiator but my yota is the man. i will be the last owner of this car i could never sell it. if you can find one i highly recommend you get it. thanx for reading.

Favorite Features

i love the power and normal mode it has. i also really like how the shifter is on the floor instead of the dash. it is one of the most comfiest cars i have ever sat in.

Suggested Improvements

make the wheel wells a little more durable there is some rust there but thts new england for you.

Solid, Reliable, Value.
By Anthony

1990 Toyota Camry Wagon Deluxe 4dr Wagon

I can't be more impressed with this little wagon, with over 200,000 miles, it feels like new. Interior is remarkably solid & high in quality. Modern cars have better styling but can't say better build and materials. Engine is still peppy. Give any car regular oil changed and it will go over 150,000, but this car I'm sure would go over 400,000. It feels that good, with very little repairs if any. I put on 15,000 miles and saw the odometer flip 200,000 miles and not one repair since owning it. Its a 1990 so its not going to have all the bells & whistles like today's cars but it gets the job done competently. I wasn't thrilled when I purchased it cause its old & quirky looking, now I love it.

Favorite Features

Power transmission, Visibility, ground clearance, cargo room on wagon, easy oil changes, comfy seats, great in snow.

Suggested Improvements

Rust on wheel well. Little rough idle (maybe mounts) More horse power & torque.

Bulletproof
By Kwak

1990 Toyota Camry Wagon Deluxe 4dr Wagon

Looking to buy a reliable car? This car must be on your list. Find a decent one and buy it. My 20 yr old Camry will shame most cars half its age. They just don't make them like this anymore. Even newer Toyotas can't match the 2nd Gen's. reliability. But if you want "Lust, Passion, Soul" ..go else where, and bring your wallet. Proof that you can fall in love with a "boring" car. I would buy another one in a heart beat. My car is at 200,000 and betting it will go 10 more years and rack up over 300,000 miles easy. I just hope they'll still make parts when I do get to that milestone. A perfect car for low budget, student, first car, commuter. Excellent Value.

Favorite Features

Seat comfort. Wagon is so practical. Ground clearance. Cheap repair costs (so far) timing belt, valve cover gasket, oil pump seal all for less than $400. wow . Great in the snow with all-weather tires, snow tires not needed. The confidence I have in my Camry to get me there again and again.

Suggested Improvements

Rust on wheel well. It's just dated, nothing you can do about that. Cup holder in way of radio, if you spill it, there goes the radio. Hill climbing power not good, had a line of angry skiers behind me up my a**.