2005 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:
Nice Car
By zachj7 on 12/30/13 18:44 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I really like this car. It looks really nice from the outside and looks good on the inside. The fuel economy is nice. It turns eyes. It is very reliable. The only thing I am not cray about is that it feels like you are driving a bus sometimes. They should have tightened up the steering. It really drives like a grandpa lexus and I knew that going into it. I had an audi before this and nothing compares to the audi's AWD, however the solara does pretty well in the snow. Overall, very solid car that looks really good.

Keep it in your lineup
By gotcha on 01/26/08 07:56 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Having had 4 BMWs, 3 Porsches, and numerous other cars in my lifetime; I must say this Toyota is the best of them all. Build quality and dependability is unmatched, and the comfort and economy is excellent. Keep building it!

Love My Car
By kathy on 12/28/05 16:17 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I am very impressed with the quality of this car, the ride is smooth like a big car. It gets great gas mileage, runs quite, only wish I had bought a convertible. Cause they run about the same price. Nothing bad to say about this car.

Excellent Car!
By beaj on 12/13/05 13:05 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Excellent quality both initial and after 15000 miles. Performance, styling, ride are all excellent especially considering the price of this vehicle. The engine is so quiet that my wife occasionally complains that she can't hear it running at a stop light.

great car!
By hamilcar on 10/21/05 09:15 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I've never been in a car with as efficient of an air conditioning system as this one. Cools down almost immediately after you turn it on. It is very stylish on both the inside and outside, while also being quite comfortable. The back seats are less comfortable than the front, though. Visibility can be a little bit rough because of the way the rear and side/back windows are styled. Back seat headrests also kind of get in the way. Terrific gas mileage and a very smooth ride.

A great looking car!
By Stephen on 09/29/05 15:45 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This car has everything someone who needs space, but wants a sporty look, could want. Assume it is a great car, except for the following: 1.What really bugs me is that the transmission balks on re-acceleration after slowing down to about 6 m.p.h. (say you are slowing for a traffic light and it turns green just before you get there.) It jerks forward when you apply the gas in this situation. There is no way to avoid this without slowing traffic behind you while you gingerly nurse the gas pedal. 2. Forget trying to back out of a driveway with confidence. The beautiful lines that we love to look at from the outside hamper the visibilty from the inside - back and sides.

car hesitation and drivability
By Ginette on 07/18/05 17:03 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Great car, very confortable on good roads, while not as great on our poor quality Quebec roads. A/C is fantastic.

sport and luxury!
By Lois on 06/06/05 14:28 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This car has the best of both worlds. It's sporty without sacrificing ride and comfort.

great decision
By DAN on 05/03/05 00:55 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I recently purchased a SLE V6. Great decision! Interior fit and finish is fantastic, the engine is barely audible, and the ride is smooth and controlled. Love all the options for the price-V6, leather, heated seats, sunroof. The 2006's are out and I got a great deal on my 2005 model. Several dealers were willing to negotiate, I think they are trying to move the 2005 models off the lots. I compared it with the Honda Accord coupe (nicer inside, classier styling, manumatic instead of auto or 6 speed), the Infiniti G35 (much quieter, nicer inside!), and the Merecedes 230 sedan and coupe (more horses, much quieter, huge price advantage). I highly recommend this vehicle!

Dream Machine in Red
By Denise on 03/19/05 10:28 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I love my new car. It is so beautiful. Clean lines. Wonderful music system. Very easy to drive and handling and cornering is smooth. It has plenty of pep for my style of Metro driving. Seater heaters are very nice and I use them on cold morning. There is a blind spot on the right side... I have to be careful. The moon roof is perfect but a little noisey with the rubber wind shield, but doesnt blow my hair to pieces.