2004 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:
UNBELIEVABLE MACHINE
By SnoopBman on 01/27/09 10:19 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE Sport 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've owned my Solara for 4+ years now and I have nothing but positive words for this car. I currently have around 165K on the car, primarily highway miles and it still runs as soft, smooth and quietly as it did the first day I purchased it. I'm amazed at what Toyota has done with this machine. I've only had minor repair issues in the past mainly due to my excessive driving. Only had to replace driver side window regulator because it was broken into and regulator was damaged. And I have an AC leak which I hope won't be too much of a repair before this summer hits.

Good vehicle
By ppp on 03/24/06 19:44 PM (PST)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE Sport 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Pros: My 2004 still turns heads on occassion, excellent interior, big trunk, good road manners, average 33 Mpg on the highway with conservative driving. Have had a left drift problem (spring seat displaced, dealer fixed) and replaced a tie rod. The original Bridgestone tires were trash, only lasted 25,000 miles. We have used our Solara very hard, excellently engineered and easy to live with. Not a sports car, but a sporty car.

So far so good
By SC on 08/23/05 03:01 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE Sport 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

After driving it for 14k miles, I'm now not so excited, but still satisfied with it. The only complaint besides the rear blind spots, is the original front tires worn out at 13k miles. It's fun, fast, stable, beautiful, and comfortable on the road. Very good for a V4. We like it.

Worst Owning Experience Ever
By Eric S on 01/05/05 13:05 PM (PST)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE Sport 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Had problems from day 1. The car had the "Left Drift Issue", rattle in dashboard, and the start of transmission problems. The car was in the shop 4 times for the pull issue and the rattles, but the dealership was never able to fix them. Eventually was told that the car is suppose to pull to the left. Completely unsatisified with this car, coming from a family that owns nothing but Toyotas. Owned the car for a total of 5 months before I had enough and traded it in on a brand new Scion tC, which has had absolutely no problems at all. I guess the plant in Kentucky should take notes on how cars are built in Japan because they sure as hell can't compete with the quality from overseas.

Beyond Expectation
By Solara2749 on 08/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE Sport 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

After comparing and test drive quite a number of cars in the price range, Solara turns out my ultimate winner. At this time approx. 2months / ~3kmi drive, I found the car is just well beyond my original expectation; the car is so well built, endless safety features. Extremly quiet, great rigit body and well integartion; no rattle, no squeak. Overal, it just a superior car for the price (even thousands more).

Thought I was Buying Quality
By NrTsT on 03/11/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE Sport 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought a Toyota after only owning Hondas figuring they would be about the same in quality. I was wrong. Since buying this car in December of 03 I have experienced many small problems.First the rear speaker deck rattles at the slightest hint of bass (music or or talk radio).Second the car has small rattlings throughout the cabin.Third the manual transmision is loud, notchy and at times very hard to shift.Fourth the AC fan has a highpitched chirping sound comming from it which means another trip to the horrible dealer to complain. Finally the dealer has been no help in resolving any of the above mentioned issues. Will not buy Toyota again:)

2004 solara
By rlg50 on 03/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE Sport 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

There really isn't anything that I don't like about the car. The only problem I have had is a paint chip on the hood of the car, didn't think that should have happened, but the winter weather takes its toll on cars. Dealership is great to deal with and the performance of the car is good. I love driving it!

A great first car !!!!!
By komodox on 12/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE Sport 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I originally wanted an Acura TSX. I test drove the Solara with the hope that I wouldn’t like it and be forced to get the Ac. Much to my surprise, I absolutely fell in love with it. A 2.4L-4cyl. manual with a kick. The interior is rather spacious, especially in the back, and the materials and layout are on point. I’ve put 1860 miles on it in only 2.5 weeks with never an uncomfortable moment. The sport edition’s aggressive stance looks like nothing else on the road. It fits my lifestyle…young, fun, and corporate. People can’t help but stop, stare, and compliment…and I just love driving it.

Great Car
By gage on 11/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE Sport 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2004 Solara SE Sport in Septemeber, right after they went on sale. It is the only version offered with its unique suspension, 17" wheels, and body kit. It has been an enjoyable car thus far. Many people have commented on how nice it looks. It is a lot different than the previous model, as I have a family mamber that has a 2002 model. So far with the V6 engine, I have consistently gotten 25 mpg, which is excellent for a car like this. I strongly recommend it to others, as it is well-built, and a pleasuable car to own.

Great Buy
By ademaswim on 08/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE Sport 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I love this ar, great ride, comfortale environment, great interior design. The only problem I have is I should have bought the V6 engine instead.