2004 Toyota Camry Solara - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:
Best Car Ever
By finch13 on 01/26/14 08:07 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara SE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

at 49 I have owned many car brands but this solara has been the best ever. Bought it 3 years ago with 82km and now have 171km and it runs like new. 3 weeks ago I hit black ice and went over a bank and almost cried at the thought that it may be totalled. It was repairable and will get it back this week. Regular maintenance & new timing belt, water pump is all I've ever done to it. Plan on running it until it literally falls apart. Only thing I would trade it for is a newer one with less miles.

Love this car
By LOVE THIS CAR on 08/28/10 09:45 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara SE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I recently bought the car with 85,000 km. Black with black interior. So far this has been my favorite car of all that I've owned. I haven't had it very long

5 Years 105,000 Miles - Still Love It
By Diana on 05/28/09 07:45 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara SE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Eight cars to date, this is the first car I've owned where I put more that 50,000 miles on it. This is my second Toyota. Hasn't had any problems, engine is still quiet and smooth, and parts still fit together like they were new. Mileage has gone down some, from 30 to 28 MPG - still excellent for me. Was not looking for a sport car, just a sporty look, so the performance (or lack thereof) isn't important to me. I never thought I would have a car this long, and I am in no hurry to buy another.

I recomend this car to any single person
By Malan on 09/19/06 16:46 PM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara SE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Ilove the performance of my car. I bought it almost 3 years ago, an no problem at all. One of my nephews bought a convertible SOLARA VLE V6 and he is enjoying his car. He drove it once to Florida with no problem. We both enjoy the ride and looks of our cars. Thanks for asking. G. Malan

great car
By Coupe on 09/19/06 11:09 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara SE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Great car but bad visibility out the back. That is the only drawback.

Still Love It!
By Linda D. on 06/11/06 07:19 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara SE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I have had my Solara for 2 years and I still love it. I am impressed with the look, comfort, and speed of the car. It has great pick-up and the sequential shift is helpful on the freeway. For someone who wants a car that will handle any condition, this is it. Everyone thinks this is a great looking car, and the "absolute red" surely helps give it even more of a sports-car look.

Proud to drive my solara
By Gertrude R. Malan on 07/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara SE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I have been driving for 35 years and depend on the cars I drive like my own house.If I hear any noise from the car I am using I get nervous.I own Camry SLE 1998 and just trade that in for a new Solara 2004 I am so proud that I took the car.I am so happy for the good performance.Next car will be Solara SLE.

Solara
By armor on 07/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara SE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Great car and handling, excellent mileage, nice styling and quality, seems to have the same v-6 engine as the 330 Lexus.

I Love this car!!
By AlwaysAToyota on 06/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara SE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my Solara about a month ago and I absolutely love it! I've had 3 Toyota vehicles in the past so I knew I would buy another, and I haven't been disappointed! This is an attractive car and it drives even better. I love the power of the V6 and found it was good on gas. The interior is really comfortable and spacious and the radio sounds excellent too. I purchased mine in red in the SE sport trim and have gotten so many compliments on what I'm driving! So if you're looking for a car that's affordable and want to look good driving it go with the Solara, I feel you'll be just as pleased as I am.

severe alignment problem
By Fred A on 06/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Camry Solara SE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We bought a 2004 Solara V6. It started pulling to the left the very next day. We had to try hard to keep it straight. We took it back for an alignment but then found out that many consumers are facing the same problem with 2004 Solara and Camry. Toyota has been unable to fix the problem. It is unsafe to drive this car, especially on highways.