All purpose vehicle
By ken90004 on
2012 Subaru Outback 2.5i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)
Owned for two year, have 36k miles. I had no complaints about the car at all. Good gas mileage. I towed trailers and a camper with it with no issues. It is great in the snow and bad weather. Best AWD system out there in this price range. And Subaru is dedicated to their customers. Top notch service all around. I spent a year of research before making my buying decision, and now as an owner, I will own nothing else but a Subaru.
Favorite Features
AWD system. Just look up YouTube. It does what other vehicles cannot. Suby AWD system was built for the car, not adopted and re-engineered to work, like many other crossovers. Also very roomy inside and plenty of cargo space. And can tow 2700 lbs, which is great for only a H4. Added a trailer kit and use a small cargo trailer all the time.
Suggested Improvements
I'd like a stiffer rear end. It was designed to a car-like ride, which it does delivery, but I'd perfer a little more sporty ride. Or at least an option to dail in a stiff ride.
By 2012outback
on 12/27/13 09:10 AM (PST)

This car is not worth the money. At 67,000 miles less than two years old, we need to replace the transmission. We know of two other people in this area with a 2013 and 2011 that needed to replace the transmission on this car. We would not recommend this car to anyone. When the transmission went out we were on a highway and no accident happened. It could have been a very dangerous situation with a horrible outcome. Keep looking.