Used 2007 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Subaru Outback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Outback model:

Subaru, where did the reliability go?
By equiuga

2007 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5i Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I love my car, but it has had soooo many issues that a car with 70K should NOT have. Both boots in front, the front AXLE!, front bushings, rear wheel bearing, DS seat malfunction, Ck engine lights to name a few. I get my regular incredibly expensive maintenances done and expect more out of a car that I paid this much for. I spoke to a lady with a 08 model and she even had to have her transmission replaced at 30K plus many other MAJOR repairs. I actually chose this car over a honda and I now regret it. Subaru, where has your quality gone?

Favorite Features

styling, looks, engine pulls well for a 4cyl.

Suggested Improvements

MAKE A RELIABLE CAR!

Unlimited Love for My Limited
By Mickey

2007 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5i Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Absolutely love this car. Bought it as a used fleet vehicle with 8k miles. Much better than my 98 Outback. Plenty of smooth power for a 4 cylinder. I can't understand why reviewers constantly dis this engine as being slow. Puts out like a small six in my opinion with plenty of low end torque. I drove a 4 cylinder Camry SE recently and can't understand what all the fuss is about. Subie is much more refined and quicker and the interior design and materials are far superior. I have driven this car in all sorts of conditions for 20K miles and reliability has been flawless. Two friends who own loaded 5 series BMWs were extremely impressed by interior design and comfort of this car.

Favorite Features

Pearl white paint, beautiful leather interior, AWD, gauges and displays, heated everything, GIGANTIC moonroof, smooth, powerful and incredibly underrated 4 cylinder engine. Standard fog lights. Practical and utilitarian yet elegant demeanor.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage just OK. Climate control needs improvement. Stock radio needs subwoofer to perform well. Large, clumsy key fob arrangement. Needs more interior storage. Could have a sexier exterior.

Limited limitations
By nornet

2007 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5i Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

There are few limitations of this vehicle. During the first 6 months of ownership the AWD with it's amazing cornering has got me out of 2 very tight situations where I was cut off by vehicles doing 40 mph less than myself (I wasn't speeding, they pulled out). About the only thing I dont like is the leather heated seats. They are cold up north and the heated area is a little narrow.

Favorite Features

AWD, sports car like handling, great in snow. Would I buy again? In a second.

Suggested Improvements

broaden the heated area of the seats or offer get a model that offers cloth seats with heat.

1st Subaru
By Craig

2007 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5i Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I traded an Audi A6 Quattro for my outback. The Outback costs 1/3 less than the Audi to replace. The Outback is virtually the same vehicle. I lost heated rear seats and the ride is more stiff. The first day I owned the car I drove in a 8" snow storm and the car handled every bit as well as the Quattro. I have owned 3 Audi's and I am a convert. This is a tremendous car for the money.

Favorite Features

I like the dual pane sunroof. You can actually use the sunroof as air is deflected over the top. Fantastic extended warranty. Build quality fit and finish are excellent.

Suggested Improvements

I would like better interior storage for small items and loose change.

Sports Car?
By BD

2007 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5i Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

We traded in an 01 Outback wagon for a sedan for my wife. Kid's in college, time for a fun car. This thing handles! The "small" engine is 175HP and it has some legs. During the test drive I took a 90 degree turn on a back narrow road at 30 mph. ABS kicked in for second then hit the gas and she never missed a beat. The car is fun to drive (not that my wife has let me get my hands on it since the test drive). Sharp looking too. Inside nice with leather, moon roof, 6 CD player, and many other features. I think the taupe leather is going to be tough to keep clean but other then that, we are happy. This is the last year for the sedan, grab one while you can.

Favorite Features

Handling, looks, stereo, gauge package, gas mileage, ground clearance.

Suggested Improvements

One more color choice for interior like light gray that's easier to keep clean.