2007 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Subaru Outback - Consumer Reviews

2007 Outback Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Outback model:

Sort Reviews by

Can't wait until my family gets rid of it.
By evanlloyd321

2007 Subaru Outback Sedan 3.0 R L.L.Bean Edition 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

The 2007 Subaru Outback wagonis not the smartest option for a Family with 2 kids and a dog, let alone anyone. I am 19, the oldest child of my family. My dad is a car enthusiast who loves wagons, just because that's his thing. In 2007 he decided to buy the L.L. Bean edition, AWD, 3.0L V6 Outback for $28,000. And now it is the car I use at college. I average 17.4 MPG for a tiny Wagon. Anyone can find a vehicle that has more space, better gas milage. I mind as well be driving a Full size SUV or Truck. **A car I am considering is the 2014 Dodge Durango RWD V6, due to better everything than this piece of junk sitting in my college parking deck. Suggestion: Don't buy it!

Favorite Features

There are none, except The styling isn't terrible.

Suggested Improvements

-More leg room all around -More head room -More Cup-holders -2WD option -Much better gas mileage -More comfortable ride

Sweet & Sour
By Earl

2007 Subaru Outback Sedan 3.0 R L.L.Bean Edition 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Subaru, like all other cars are mechanical beings. Some sweet some sour characteristics. Four wheel drive for the price they charge is unbeatable but steering is hard at low speeds. Overall it is a fine piece of transportation. The seats are uncomfortable after 15 minutes. The transmission is annoying because of lag when under hard acceleration and then rockets off when it catches up. Center console is useless because it does not act as an arm rest and you have to park the car to find anything in it and it's small. Not enough storage space for personal items. Subaru needs to control their dealers so they don't try to fix your car when it isn't broke. That is the worst thing about it!!

Favorite Features

Four wheel drive, quality of construction, reliability, handling on curves and bad weather conditions and high ground clearance.

Suggested Improvements

Put in a maintenance free battery. Raise the height from the floor to the roof by at least 6". Make the seats wider, flatter and longer. Do away with hood prop stick. Increase inside storage. Make CVT standard on all models. Improve MPG. Make Diesel Engines available in US. Improve Dealerships.

Pretty happy, would change a few things
By petergibons

2007 Subaru Outback Sedan 2.5i Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I really like the reliability and, ride, and performance of the car. That beings said here are a few things I would change, but I still like the car. Though I won't be getting another Subaru after the lease is up. The nearest dealership is 45 minutes away. And that's too far.

Favorite Features

Reliable, nice ride, ok power. We hauled all of our son's bedroom furniture in the car.

Suggested Improvements

Floor heat does not get to the floor very well, seems to blast right up to the driver's chest area or face, not the feet. No traction control, on basic model. Nowhere to attach my Thule rack on the rear of the car. The third/center brake light thing is plastic and would not be able to hold weight.

Best AWD Sports Sedan Subaru Outback!
By dd

2007 Subaru Outback Sedan 3.0 R L.L.Bean Edition 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought the Subaru Outback LL Bean 3.0 edition after driving every possible AWD sports sedan on the planet. I traded in my 3 season luxury vehicle (2005 Cadillac CTS) for a 4 season AWD Subaru that is a safe, fun, practical and luxurious sedan. The Caddy was absolutely terrible in the snow. I drove the AWD BMW, the Audi A6, the Infiniti G35X and then I tried the Subaru LL Bean. It has all the right features with an engine that is silky smooth. I am very pleased.

Favorite Features

Wood/ leather momo steering wheel, AWD, steering wheel controls, suspension, comfy seats, stereo SRS, 6 cd, lumbar support, visibility, ruggedness.

Suggested Improvements

I wish the windows had a frame around them for support, and I wish the gas tank fill door was on driver's side (personal preference). I wish it had auto on headlights. As far as gas mileage, it's pretty good at 26 considering it's a 6cyl and AWD all the time.

U R (not) A BUS
By Star

2007 Subaru Outback Sedan 2.5i Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I love my car. Can't understand why I haven't seen other Subaru sedans on the road. I gave my daughter my Outback sedan (2000) and didn't even consider replacing it with any other car. On the road the mileage is unbeatable. I feel safe and secure. I get excellent service. This car is inexpensive for the engineering, luxury and performance it delivers. My husband has the Outback wagon and we love it too. Our dealership inspires loyalty because the cars are great and so is the service. U R A BUS is SUBARU reversed, and it is definitely an SUV car, not a truck or a bus.

Favorite Features

CD player, sound, leather, skylight, trunk access from car, size.

Excellent Vehicle
By BuffFan

2007 Subaru Outback Sedan 3.0 R L.L.Bean Edition 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased a 2007 LL Bean H6 Outback earlier this month, couldn't be happier. Build quality is excellent. More than enough power with H6 and auto transmission. Have used both heater and A/C in temp extremes, it works especially well. Large 2-stage sunroof lets in lots of light. Handling is very snug and car is controllable at its limits. Very pleased with the car overall.

Favorite Features

All wheel drive, standard interior features including 6 disc CD changer, heated seats, tire pressure monitoring, windshield wiper warmers, rear cargo area mats, and dual front temp controls.

Suggested Improvements

Better fuel economy, and more rear seat room would be beneficial. Would also like to see more accessories available, including rear seat covers to protect leather upholstery from youngsters. Perhaps better tires at some point, though I haven't pushed these to the limits yet.

Reliable Pseudo-Luxury Vehicle
By Mainer

2007 Subaru Outback Sedan 3.0 R L.L.Bean Edition 4dr Sedan AWD w/Navi (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

For the price, I hoped for more up to date features. The GPS is outdated, with less up to date info than my Garmin purchased a year prior. Car accelerates with hesitation at first, and then kicks in. Rear brake light was dislodged when first purchased, and needed to be put back in place. Stereo features are well integrated with iPod adapter, but no Bluetooth on this vehicle.

Favorite Features

Handling, exterior design, front seat comfort, stereo.

Suggested Improvements

Technology should be more up to date (gps outdated, no Bluetooth), more storage compartments.