1992 Subaru Legacy - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:
New opinion of foreign cars!
By Frank on 06/13/10 00:46 AM (PDT)

1992 Subaru Legacy L 4dr Wagon

I used to believe all foreign cars were junk. But i got this car for 700 out of desperation and could not be happier. Every time i go to do some work on it i am impressed with it's design. It is pushing 200,000 miles and the engine sounds great. I am incredibly impressed with the power that it's small 2.2 and automatic transmission have, and it is easy to control. I am getting around 25 mpg which is very impressive. Engine is small and very easy to work on (i pulled the crank pulley with out removing anything but the belts). It starts right away and will run all day long perfectly happy. I have even had the car loaded down with 5 full grown adults and i couldn't even tell. Very happy!

Buy and Hold
By Legacy Fan on 01/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Subaru Legacy L 4dr Wagon

There is no other car manufacturer that gives me the same confidence as Subaru. My Toyotas only lasted 8 years. Buying new with a 5 year loan is not an issue. The car will last 10 years easily. Repairs have been ordinary over the 11 years owned. Smooth running and dependable to a fault. Front wheel drive only, it has performed well in all weather. This car has been an excellent value. Few if any could compare.