1990 Subaru Legacy Consumer Review: Happy Subaru Buyer

1990 Subaru Legacy - Consumer Review

Base Sedan (2.2L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Happy Subaru Buyer
By kris199036 on

1990 Subaru Legacy 4dr Sedan

I just had a brand new alternator installed Friday, July 6th at my mechanic's shop and just drove it home today. Wow! I started the motor and almost re-started it, because it was so quiet!! I thought it stalled out on me! I would definitely recommend these cars to anyone looking for dependable, inexpensive transportation. I've only owned it 4 months and 2 months it sat, due to me having another car I drive. This is my 2nd. It's a pleasure driving this car and they have very good reputations. Very fun to drive. Keep up with regular maintenance (oil changes, brakes,tires, belts/hoses, etc.) and they'll last damn near 300,000 miles. It's not unheard of! I couldn't be happier with my Suzy!

Starts up EVERY time. comfy seating, moonroof, extremely quiet motors, interior design and good fuel economy. I also love the excellent reputations of these Subarus! Great cars! Well-built. I love this LS model, how it comes with the outer mirrors painted.

Stronger a/c, less body roll and these cars have very sluggish, sloppy transmissions and they're also very whiny. Better location for cupholders instead of over the radio!! How about driver airbags? Make the muffler shields on these cars more durable. They rot out too fast. Make parts cheaper.