1990 Subaru Legacy Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:
240,000 miles and still going
By blackhorde on 11/12/09 12:27 PM (PST)

1990 Subaru Legacy Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought my 1990 Subaru Legacy front-wheel drive sedan (aka, the Flying Blue Marmot) new in 1990. Almost 20 years old, and still going strong! About once a year, it needs some major (over $500) work besides regular maintenance, but that still beats buying a new car that doesn't get as good of gas mileage (still getting about 25 MPG City). Pros: great mileage, good power, comfortable seats, still looks stylish, even after all these years! Cons: Paint job on the trim hasn't held up, the upholstery in the back window has cracked quite a bit, and the interior door handles lock unless you hold your hand just so when opening the door.

Happy Subaru Buyer
By kris199036 on 07/09/07 15:04 PM (PDT)

1990 Subaru Legacy Sedan 4dr Sedan

I just had a brand new alternator installed Friday, July 6th at my mechanic's shop and just drove it home today. Wow! I started the motor and almost re-started it, because it was so quiet!! I thought it stalled out on me! I would definitely recommend these cars to anyone looking for dependable, inexpensive transportation. I've only owned it 4 months and 2 months it sat, due to me having another car I drive. This is my 2nd. It's a pleasure driving this car and they have very good reputations. Very fun to drive. Keep up with regular maintenance (oil changes, brakes,tires, belts/hoses, etc.) and they'll last damn near 300,000 miles. It's not unheard of! I couldn't be happier with my Suzy!