Great handling
By KimNota on
1998 Subaru Forester L 4dr Wagon AWD
I've had my Forester for 10 years. Love it. Especially it's handling in the snow. At 5000 miles I had several oil leaks that I know I had from very early on because there was a strong fuel odor. The mechanics had told me at the time it was just how the car ran. Subaru said it wasn't a covered service. After $1800 for engine work, it still wasn't completely repaired. I was given the proper advice that the remaining small leaks might never change or cause any problems. This was 5 years or 35000 miles ago. Subaru kept giving me the run around, asking for more and more info for a possible payment. They wore me down but it's been fine. No other issue.
Favorite Features
Handling in the snow and rain. Has never skidded even with all the snow and ice in New England. It drives like a big car. My other car is an Expedition. This feels just as big, except for leg room!
Suggested Improvements
Tight leg room in the back. Cup holders always a problem with Subaru. Some interior finish is also pretty cheap. I will never buy another new Subaru because I don't trust the company to honor their warrantee. The good news is their cars are built well, for mechanical and safety purposes