2006 Subaru Baja Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Baja model:
Fun Little Truck
By bpeebles on 01/29/10 17:08 PM (PST)

2006 Subaru Baja Crew Cab Turbo 4dr Crew Cab AWD SB (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

When I was looking to replace my V8 Dodge Dakota, checked every dealership within 50 miles. Nothing really caught my eye. I really wanted something that would be more like my 1981 Volkswagen Rabbit Pickup (size-wise) This is my 1st Subaru and I was kind of apprehensive. But, after less than a year, I am wondering why I have not owned a Subaru before. In the snow, this thing handles very predictably. The turbo offers the very best of both worlds... 4cylinder economy most of the time with the kick in the rear of a 6cylinder when you want it. The first time I pinned my wife to the seat accelerating onto the interstate was pure pleasure. (for me,anyway)

Silver Bullet
By Jason on 06/30/08 15:53 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Baja Crew Cab Turbo 4dr Crew Cab AWD SB (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I love driving my '06 Baja Turbo! It accelerates quickly and performs very well. I have hauled a big freezer, a washer & dryer set (whole set at once!), even hauled a riding mower home from Sears. The mower barely fit, but due to the width of the Baja's bed I was able to accomodate it. It's awesome in the snow and mud and I have yet to get it stuck. The Baja comes well equipped with an impressive list of standard equipment. I love driving my Baja!

perfect car/perfect truck
By bonnie on 08/29/06 12:35 PM (PDT)

2006 Subaru Baja Crew Cab Turbo 4dr Crew Cab AWD SB (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Love my Baja wouldn't trade it for any other car or truck. Subaru is making mistake not continuing making them. Everything is great, from sounds to drive. From a beach to a mud hole it drives on it.

Subaru Baja Turbo
By Chris Larson on 03/02/06 16:02 PM (PST)

2006 Subaru Baja Crew Cab Turbo 4dr Crew Cab AWD SB (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I thoroughly enjoy driving my car. I was very impressed with the power that this car has. Great ground clearance, brakes,and handling. I drive many cars every day, this one got my attention. No mechanical problems whatsoever. Great powerband, very torquey. Steering positive and responsive. I haven't had much snow around here, but when there is the car has no problem sensing traction loss. People ask me how I would describe this car; I reply that it looks like an underdog boxer but has one heck of a knock-out punch.

Best Vehicle
By Jake on 01/14/06 10:40 AM (PST)

2006 Subaru Baja Crew Cab Turbo 4dr Crew Cab AWD SB (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

The Baja's supple blend of sport and utility is superior. I went from a full size F-150 to the Baja and it has made life so much easier.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.