Used 2009 Scion xB Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Scion Xb - Consumer Reviews

2009 Scion xB Wagon

View reviews for a specific xB model:

Nice ride but with Fixable flaws
By GPituch

2009 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I am pleased but not “super excited” with my Scion so far. I have just under 5K on it and have a good feel for the ride. I, HONESTLY, could use more leg room and I’m only 5'9". I find it difficult to get comfortable. The interior of my 05 Corolla has more width between the center console and the driver’s door. Sort of weird considering how big the rest of the interior is. It has nice pick up and handling. I’ve done two checks on the mileage thus far. One all around and one this past weekend for a highway trip of about 200 miles one way, 400 total. Mileage was much less that what I expected. All around was about 22 and Highway was only 24! (actually 23.5) Pretty bad if you ask me.

Favorite Features

Nice stereo, head room, cargo space, handling, pick up, style and looks...really nice to look at, reliability, Ipod hook up, cool interior design.

Suggested Improvements

Armrests for adults not children, mileage, better lighting in interior, mileage, leg room, Road noise, Mileage, Roof noise when it rains...way too loud, Arms rests for passenger too, Stand alone clock, Oh....and better mileage. I'm not sure how everyone else was getting the mileage they say.

Can't Go Wrong
By Bob S

2009 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I traded in a 2006 Mini Cooper for this little Limited Edition Absolutely Red Xb and I have no regrets! This car is value packed, and offers practicality at an affordable price! This edition comes with a built in navigation system that is great (equal to my Garmin), bluetooth, etc. and is a joy to drive. Previous to buying, I looked at the Honda Element, Kia Soul, Nissan Rogue, and Mini Clubman and for the value, Scion was the clear choice! The pickup is great, the interior is well thought, and the materials used are better than I would have got if I had purchased another make...

Favorite Features

Nav system, bluetooth, spacious interior, made by Toyota!

Suggested Improvements

Make a sunroof an option that is a bit more affordable! My dealer wanted $1300!

Best car, best value
By iluvmyscion

2009 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We drove our Scion to Nor Cal over Christmas. I spent 21hrs behind the wheel at one point, no backache, totally comfortable! Plus fit me, my hubby, my mom, my son, & a week's worth of luggage (plus souvenirs) for four quite easily. Perfect family car for 3-4 peps. Got ~29-30mpg on the freeways!

Favorite Features

Deceptively large interior. Amazing turning radius. 5M tranny has amazing power and is soooo fun to drive! Love all the storage space!

Suggested Improvements

Got the upgraded radio, thought it came with upgraded speakers...so disappointed. Pretty radio, lacking in sound.

Great car relative to competition
By Love my xB

2009 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I've had this car for about a month now and I've ran up about 1100 miles on it. Each time I take it out to drive I like it a little bit more and I loved it when I bought it. The xB isn't the fastest, sportiest, or most luxurious car I've owned but it's pretty fun to drive, it handles well, and it has a comfortable ride whether I've been on road trips or just cruising around town. It's a nice balance in pretty much all fronts, which is surprising for a car this cheap. Also, the folks at Scion are a pleasure to deal with. I've also noticed that a lot of people complain about the fuel economy of the xB but I've found that I've gotten between 28 to 33 mph, which isn't that bad.

Favorite Features

Balance of performance and comfort, interior roominess, amount of features for price, customizability, the way it feels like you're in a small SUV but not wrecking the environment. Pretty much everything.

Suggested Improvements

Scion compromised too much with the exterior styling. There's something iconic about the first generation xB, the second gen xB is a great car but it doesn't turn heads the way that the original xB does.

Great and Fun to Dive
By James

2009 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I did a lot of research before I purchase this car. It is my run around car, but this is one I will keep for a long time. I have had no problems at all with almost 20000 miles. I average about 26 miles in mixed driving and 33 miles on the highway. I added several things to it from the dealership (Sun Roof, Fog lights, Alloy wheels, Spolier, Bumper name on the back, Rear cargo deck, TRS exhause system, TRS Air Filter.) I have taken it on several long trips with no problems. I will let the seats down and carry things. This car beats The HHR, Mazda 3, and the Element, I test drove them all.

Favorite Features

Everything, especially the turning Radius in this vehicle

Suggested Improvements

Please make Bigger Arm rest