2009 Scion xB Base Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Scion Xb - Consumer Reviews

2009 xB Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific xB model:

Sort Reviews by

'09 XB Standard
By HLB

2009 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I am very please with the over all performance of the XB. The quality of the vehicle is more than I expected. The gas mileage is 26 mpg city and 34 mpg highway, that's worth the purchase itself.

Beats My Jeep Cherokee
By Sgt Bill

2009 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

From 16 MPG (Jeep) to 25 MPG city (xB), Oh my, what a relief in these days of inflated gas prices. Only a couple of weeks old, but the love affair with this little Gem continues to build. A near future trip is planned and if all goes well, will be one of many this year. I love all the cargo space and when taking my 95 pound Boxer, he is comfortable too. Just a great vehicle and the best of many I test drove before purchasing.

Favorite Features

Performance, fuel economy, looks and all around versatility.

Suggested Improvements

Reposition the steer wheel to a more vertical position. Put an arm rest on passenger seat.

lil old lady
By pat zimmerman

2009 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I am a 65 year old grandmother and absolutely love this awesome little car which I can't say for the previous 10 I owned. It is so responsive I have to really keep my eye on the speedometer (which is extremely easy to do in this car). Everyone is so impressed by the room inside. Would like to see a better armrest and a little less plastic on the door. All in all, it's a keeper! Blackberry crush is a terrific color and I am getting alloys soon.

Favorite Features

center gauges are unique but I find very appropriate. Very comfortable seat even though it could use a bit more side support. Design is unique inside and out, seems to appeal to young and old. Good job Toyota

Suggested Improvements

armrest for front. Better support in front seats.

Great car. Don't hesitate!
By Joyce

2009 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

LOVE the 2008 Scion XB that we just purchased. GREAT to drive! Only thing not quite up to the vehicle par is the armrest which is rather funky. Other than that just the best car. Would HIGHLY recommend. FUN to drive..turns on a dime! My husband and I are actually fighting over it! He is a Porsche man and I have driven a BMW for 22 yrs. we both think it is a great car and feel it will be a no hassle vehicle. Great dealership...really took care of us without the pushiness. Got tired of the high maintenance vehicles and love that it takes regular gas, so far 27.5 mpg and enjoy the simplicity. Can't say enough good things about this car!

Favorite Features

Love the smooth ride and shifting (automatic) even with the cruise control.

Suggested Improvements

Come up with a better arm rest for driver and passenger!

xb pimping
By xb in nashville

2009 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

i have always liked the xb's but it wasn't until the new design, i actually thought about buying one. it's fun to drive and it looks amazing, i did however buy one that had a few extras on it so that makes a little more inviting. so far i have had my xb for a week now and wonder why i didn't buy one sooner. love it

Favorite Features

illumination lights on the inside, love the way it handles and all the extras that came with it at a price i can afford

Suggested Improvements

of course better gas mileage, but i had an 06 mustang so anything is an improvement over that.

SUV/Car/Wagon
By Dani

2009 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Best of 3 worlds. Very nice ride, thought the shape would make it less aerodynamic, but its low center of gravity helps with that. Peppy and full efficient engine, awesome accessories, and individual design make this car a scene still. Have had it a month and avg 27 mpg. Drove from Texas to Georgia and back on 3.5 tanks of gas!! Enough room to sleep in which I did comfortably with my luggage in the back. Could ride my family with ample space in rear for adults.

Favorite Features

95% of everything

Suggested Improvements

Awkward armrest, folding seats a little too "long," dashboard materials too hard to clean.

fun but not comfortable
By waw

2009 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is by far the most uncomfortable car I have ever driven. The seat bottom is short and offers little support. The steering wheel is too far away. The armrest is too low and the sill is too high. My knee hits the console at a very uncomfortable spot. The trans shifts at the slightest incline. The brakes are sensitive as well as the gas pedal.

Favorite Features

Plenty of room. Rides and handles decent for a small car. Good power. Nice stereo. Fun to drive on short trip, good room in the seat. Price

Suggested Improvements

Better seats. Lumbar support. Telescoping steering wheel. Wider center armrest higher door armrest sunroof

My Great Escape
By My Great Escape

2009 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

My wife and I were visiting friends on Cape Cod this summer and they had a 2008 Scion XB. I don't remember the last time I was so impressed with a car. I told my wife I was going to buy one when we returned home and that is exactly what I did. Only have had it a month buy love it so far. Named it POOKIE. No idea why, just kind of fits.

Favorite Features

Spacious interior, folding rear seats so there is plenty of room for the Golf Clubs and Cart. Love the Stingray Metallic color and the get up and go. iPod plugin feature is nice.

Suggested Improvements

Arm rests for both front seats.

Great little car
By Old Man

2009 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I've had my xB for 4 days now. The hardest thing about buying one was deciding between Stingray Metallic and Black. I chose Black because I figured Black would always be in style. It actually has a metallic gray look to it, which really sets it off. This car is so much fun to drive. It's quick, agile, and very responsive. Even with the A/C on, I can merge onto the expressway with no problem. The ride is comfortable, although my wife prefers the cushier seats in her Lexus. There is very little road or engine noise. The stock radio/CD player sounds great. We have 4 Toyotas in the family, and this one certainly does not disappoint. It has the same build quality as the others.

Favorite Features

Exterior looks; instrument panel; roomy inside; so much fun to drive; peppy and stable on the highway; holds the road well even when passing trucks.

Suggested Improvements

Driver arm rests are a bit awkward; could use one for the passenger too; headrest leans in too far. Kind of a blind spot on the passenger side rear. Maybe add a little round window for looks and utility back there. None of these would deter me from buying another one, though.

Fun Car
By duitoit

2009 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Traded my Ford F150 for the XB. Great car. I'm 6'1" and too heavy but have plenty of room. Averaging 27-28 mph. It's a real looker and I can't believe the number of XB's on the road-need to start a club. Have a Porsche Boxster but I find the Xb almost more fun to drive and much more comfortable to drive. My wife can have the Boxster I'll stick with the XB. I did a lot of research and I think the XB was the best car out there for the cost. I would highly recommend it to anyone. I'm 63 and I think it's cool.

Favorite Features

The ample interior space is the best feature which makes the car comfortable to drive.

Suggested Improvements

Need to have more places to plug in all of the gimmicks like the cell phone, gps, bluetooth etc. I hope someone comes out with some mod to handle this deficiency.