Used 2008 Scion tC Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Scion Tc - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific tC model:

Lexus quality at a Kia price
By mike

2008 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I love the looks,the car attracts a crowd anywhere it's parked.Although it's not a sports car, it's fast enough to be fun to drive.The sun roof is my favorite feature (feature not option). The stereo sounds as good as many aftermarket systems. I know the TC is considered by many a kids car, but I think it is for anyone who wants a fun and reliable car at a good price

Great Buy
By LuvmytC

2008 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This was my first car out of college and I love it. I've had it for a year now and I feel like it is a luxury car without the luxury price. My friends all love it as much as I do. My old car did get slightly better gas mileage but the tC still does pretty well. The sun/moon room is awesome as is the reclining back seat and the hatch back feature gives me plenty of room in the trunk. It does pretty well in the snow. I am very satisfied and would strongly recommend buying a tC.

Favorite Features

Sun/moon roof, hatchback, reclining back seats, ipod connector.

Five star car, three star price.
By SATXtC

2008 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

After almost two months of ownership, I am definitely glad I got the tC. I used to have a Versa, but it just wasn't the car for me. The tC, though, is. Some people complain about the mileage, but I'm getting mileage comparable to what I got in the Versa. Cornering is a blast, and getting on the highway isn't really a problem. I'm 6' 4", so headroom is a bit tight, but not unbearably so. The ride quality is good for a sport coupe, and the interior is pretty nice; it's well laid out, with all controls easily reachable, and all the gauges are easily read. All in all, for the money, great bang for the buck!

Favorite Features

Long list of standard features, interior design and layout, and power/handling.

Suggested Improvements

Come on, Toyota. If you know there is a minor issue with the transmission (stubborn going into reverse), and even put a note about it in the owner's manual, fix the issue! The car could also really use a rear window wiper.

Get a tC now!
By Carlos

2008 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I used to be a VW fanatic but getting into a TC changed the way I look at sport cars. I bought mines used with 18,000 miles. The person that owned the car before must have loved driving it. It came with TRD exhaust and cold air intake. It most certainly changed the feel of the car compared the a stock TC. VERY Sporty, in time this car should catch up like Acura's Integra all it needs is a rear wiper and make it 200 hp stock maybe a 3.2 engine

Favorite Features

Curve cutting turns the car makes, fog light kit. Minus the 6 speed trans this car has taken the baton form Celica.

Suggested Improvements

Better seat material, rear wiper. besides that you wont be upset with this car.

Great car
By Sandy

2008 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Was looking for a replacement for my 2003 Celica GT and this was the most appealing and fun choice. Great looking car that handles well and is very comfortable on my long daily commute (115 miles, round trip). Not looking forward to driving it in inclement weather because of the tires, though, but hopefully Toyota/Scion will offer options on future models. But no regrets so far. Very fun car to drive at a very affordable price. A lot of car for not a lot of money and a worthy successor to the decades-old favorite, Celica.

Favorite Features

Pure pricing (no haggle/hassle), styling, stereo, handling, hp, available options, very adjustable seats, dashboard layout, stereo controls on steering wheel.

Suggested Improvements

Better MPG, needs rear wiper, speakers seem inferior to bass output, practical tire options (something for better handling in rain and snow), more cargo space (with seats up). Mats should be standard. Vents should be lower on the dash for better circulation. Tinted windows.