2008 Scion tC Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific tC model:
Best bang for the buck
By Vladimir on 08/03/07 21:34 PM (PDT)

2008 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Excellent car for the money. You simply can not find a car at this price with so many features. The engine is very "torquey" for a 4 cylinder and delivers great acceleration. The number of additions available to this car is also amazing. The gas mileage is good, but isn't outstanding. The new headlights and tailights really made the exterior go from average looking to attractive looking (especially with the pedestal spoiler). The manual transmision shifts very well, just as well as my old prelude. The handling is ok, could be more responsive.

Best car so far!!!
By lauchard on 08/02/07 07:27 AM (PDT)

2008 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

After going from my 13 yr old base style Corolla to this standard loaded out car I feel like I've hit the jackpot for a great price. I absolutely love it. It has pep and looks very smart. This is my favorite car I've ever had. Well worth every penny even if you don't add a thing. Feels like I'm gliding on glass it is so smooth. With the Toyota name behind it you can't go wrong. Get one!!

2008 Scion tC
By scribble on 07/21/07 19:00 PM (PDT)

2008 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Absolutely wonderful car! It has a good deal of power for a 4 cylinder, and despite the mileage ratings I'm averaging 27-28 mpg with mixed city and highway driving. The tC comes loaded from the factory with everything a buyer could want. The upgraded stereo is worth the extra price and sounds awesome (for most users at least). I have no regrets about buying this car.

It's a well built car, original, smooth.
By Dtc on 07/20/07 23:43 PM (PDT)

2008 Scion tC Hatchback Spec 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

It's worth every penny, custom it out the way you want. It's designed by Lexus so you know you're getting quality. I get about 22 mpg and I have a 6.5 mile drive to work. I think they could have designed the seats better but that can be fixed with custom leather. But I would have lowered it a little more from the factory. Overall I feel that I made a good decision buying this car. The car is much quieter than I thought but the toyoguard package was well worth the money. Toyota has quality products period.

Very overall nice ride!
By Trig on 07/19/07 07:05 AM (PDT)

2008 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I am very impressed with this year's tC. I love the new tail lights and orange illumation in the dash. Rides very smooth and quiet for a sports-like car. The price isn't bad either (for everything that comes standard). Highly recommended to anyone who loves a nice ride with pretty good pick up.

Very exciting car!
By Kevin Khaotic on 07/07/07 09:25 AM (PDT)

2008 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased a 2008 Scion tC with fog lights, pedestal spoiler and premium sound system. Overall I am very impressed with its performance. It handles turns very well and has a bite to it when accelerating. The sound system is good and the car is very quiet, and responsive. A couple of things about it though, it has a cigarette lighter built in but no ash tray. It has an auxiliary mode for an iPod but no place to plug an iPod in. These are all optional features I did not get but in hindsight should have. The bucket seats are nice but a little stiff making long rides a bit tiring, and the back window provides a couple of blind spots but overall the car is very fun to drive.

08 tC
By Kimy on 06/19/07 20:26 PM (PDT)

2008 Scion tC Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I wish it had come standard with the spoiler. Other than that, I love it. The back is very roomy and there is a lot of storage space!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.