Used 2004 Saturn VUE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Saturn VUE - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific VUE model:

Sick of it.
By pete ruc

2004 Saturn VUE Fwd 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned this vue for 7 years and put a 110000 miles on it, it has 165 k now. It runs ok, but I spend a lot of money to keep it on the road. Transmission, 5 speed manual replaced once with a used one 1000, slave cylinder , clutch and shifting linkage replaced once $1000, ac $550, different suspension parts 1000 + and it's still not right, interior falls apart, electrical issues with instrument cluster. Paint just falls off this car on the plastic body panals. Breaks are crap, calipers freeze up ruining rotors. Road noise, leaks from moonroof, and forget about keeping the seats or carpet clean water will stain them. Comfort ? Put a pillow behind your back on long drives or you will be hurting. I wanna get rid of it but it runs still ok, timing chain makes noise on start up but it has been like that for 4 years or so. Parts are cheap to buy but they are cheap quality and don't last. The best thing about this vue is the cargo room and mpg, 21 to 27. I always bought us made cars ford's dodge and lots of gm. Saturn, Pontiacs and chevys and this one cost me the most to own. The resale value sucs, and after putting all that $ in tu it it's not worth to sell it just yet. It was cheap to buy but no pleasure drivin it at all.

Gotta love this car
By yougie12345

2004 Saturn VUE Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

mom bought this car two years old with 26000 miles on it. it now has 105000 on it and still runs great. since she has given it to me and the only thing i ever have to do with it is put gas in it, and it really does pretty well around town on gas (26ish) since we have owned it she has had to put breaks on it and new tires. thats it :) overall a great car, good job saturn

the gas mileage!

nothing i can really think of

No Regrets!
By aircap_aviator

2004 Saturn VUE Fwd 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Bought used over a year ago. Wanted something that got decent gas milage, could haul my big teenage kids and had a manual trans. Vue was about the only thing I could find that fit all three. Gets mid 20's for gas mileage in city / mixed driving. Had 118K when I bought it and at 143K now. Only repairs were new struts in the front right after purchase and two new tires. Overall very happy with the value and what it does for me. Gripes? has new various rattles seemingly every time I get in, interior quality only average, and interior design is very lacking for storage.

Space inside for seating / hauling larger items, ease of ingress / egress. Enjoy the sun-roof! Although thankfully hasn't needed repair work, seems very accessable and well laid out to work on. Relatively fun to drive for size.

rattles here, there and everywhere / interior noise overall. Interior fit & finish and storage (admittidly, the 2006 and later models addressed this, I was just too cheap to spring for one).

Transmission issues
By horriblecar1

2004 Saturn VUE AWD 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased this car 4 months ago used and now am experiencing issues with it. It was shaking back and fourth.... stop and go traffic was horrifying because I was afraid the rpms were going to drop and the car would shut off. Also the car had extremely poor pick up and when I would come to a stop the car would occasionally not go when I put my foot on the gas and then it would take off and sound like someone hit me from behind. Don't purchase this car better yet just get a bike...

I personally liked the inside look more then anything. Other than that I originally liked that it runed considering my last car experienced A LOT of transmission issues...

Don't buy a CVT automatic Saturn VUE :( or a Chrysler Sebring

Wonderful SUV
By swatwife

2004 Saturn VUE Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my 2004 Saturn Vue in 2009. It has been a wonderful vehicle to drive! Always very reliable, roomy, great for hauling and an overall pleasant ride.

Sun roof, heated leather seats, XM radio

None