2004 Saturn VUE - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific VUE model:
Gotta love this car
By yougie12345 on 08/17/13 17:30 PM (PDT)

2004 Saturn VUE Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

mom bought this car two years old with 26000 miles on it. it now has 105000 on it and still runs great. since she has given it to me and the only thing i ever have to do with it is put gas in it, and it really does pretty well around town on gas (26ish) since we have owned it she has had to put breaks on it and new tires. thats it :) overall a great car, good job saturn

No Regrets!
By aircap_aviator on 07/14/12 13:20 PM (PDT)

2004 Saturn VUE Fwd 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Bought used over a year ago. Wanted something that got decent gas milage, could haul my big teenage kids and had a manual trans. Vue was about the only thing I could find that fit all three. Gets mid 20's for gas mileage in city / mixed driving. Had 118K when I bought it and at 143K now. Only repairs were new struts in the front right after purchase and two new tires. Overall very happy with the value and what it does for me. Gripes? has new various rattles seemingly every time I get in, interior quality only average, and interior design is very lacking for storage.

Transmission issues
By horriblecar1 on 07/12/12 09:10 AM (PDT)

2004 Saturn VUE AWD 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased this car 4 months ago used and now am experiencing issues with it. It was shaking back and fourth.... stop and go traffic was horrifying because I was afraid the rpms were going to drop and the car would shut off. Also the car had extremely poor pick up and when I would come to a stop the car would occasionally not go when I put my foot on the gas and then it would take off and sound like someone hit me from behind. Don't purchase this car better yet just get a bike...

Wonderful SUV
By swatwife on 04/09/12 08:33 AM (PDT)

2004 Saturn VUE Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my 2004 Saturn Vue in 2009. It has been a wonderful vehicle to drive! Always very reliable, roomy, great for hauling and an overall pleasant ride.

Superior Vehicle
By laf5 on 09/21/11 07:50 AM (PDT)

2004 Saturn VUE Fwd 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my '04 VUE brand new. 7.5 years later with over 150,000 miles on it, I lost it to a large deer in the engine. This vehicle has been incredibly reliable. I've never had to do more than regular maintenance. At 120k I had brakes done (probably could have waited, but I knew it HAD to be coming soon!) and was never completely satisfied with the replacement brakes (squeak). Other than that, oil changes, new wiper blades, tires, air filters, and 100k tune-up. This was my 2nd Saturn and am sad that GM discontinued such a superior line of vehicles - especially now that my VUE has been totaled! I will miss her and worry that I will never find another vehicle as reliable. Bring Saturn back!

1st Saturn and loving it!
By vue5531 on 01/01/11 00:35 AM (PST)

2004 Saturn VUE Fwd 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Vue in 2008 and it's 2011 and I have not had a single problem with it. The carfax was clean. Its roomy, zippy, and pretty quiet. Ive read mostly negative reviews about this car and I don't see what their talking about. I must have gotten lucky. The only thing I had to do was replace the brakes.

I've enjoyed my Vue
By Linda on 11/05/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Saturn VUE AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We have been fortunate to own this car. It has never given us any major problems and has always been very reliable. It drives well in rain and snow. Our grown boys always ask to borrow it if the weather is bad (snow or ice) or if they need the space for their friends! Our only issues have been minor.(hazard button broke and radio buttons are wacky). Other then that, the car has been great! My husband has kept it in great shape and my grandson loves being in it!

Love my VUE
By driver on 08/20/10 22:45 PM (PDT)

2004 Saturn VUE Fwd 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl CVT)

I love my Saturn VUE. This is the second Saturn I've owned. I'm so sad that GM has chosen to end this great car company.

Problem after Problem!
By Jen on 07/31/10 14:14 PM (PDT)

2004 Saturn VUE AWD 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl CVT)

I bought my vue in 2007, for a year and a half, I loved it, there wasn't a single issue. Then the one day, dead of winter, in MN, I find myself stranded on the side of the highway.The belt came off, and now to this day, it has happened 5 times.The engine is loud, along with road noise. I always have brake issues. For the last 6 months it has been 1 thing after another. Now that they don't make VUE's anymore, it is worth practically nothing.

So far so good
By Albert on 06/01/10 09:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Saturn VUE Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my Vue new in 2004 and now have 102,000 miles - almost exclusively highway miles. Overall, I am satisfied with the vehicle. Engine is fantastic - nice power and mileage. I have not had any significant maintenance expenses until recently. My biggest complaint are the brakes - really bad front pulsations that require the rotors to be refinished every 12K miles. Just replaced front stab bar links (very creaky) and right rear wheel bearing/hub assembly - it was producing very loud road noise. I plan on keeping this vehicle as long as I can and so far it has been a nice car. I just wish I knew of a better front brake combination than OEM parts.