Used 2004 Saturn VUE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Saturn Vue - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific VUE model:

Gotta love this car
By yougie12345

2004 Saturn VUE Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

mom bought this car two years old with 26000 miles on it. it now has 105000 on it and still runs great. since she has given it to me and the only thing i ever have to do with it is put gas in it, and it really does pretty well around town on gas (26ish) since we have owned it she has had to put breaks on it and new tires. thats it :) overall a great car, good job saturn

Favorite Features

the gas mileage!

Suggested Improvements

nothing i can really think of

No Regrets!
By aircap_aviator

2004 Saturn VUE Fwd 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Bought used over a year ago. Wanted something that got decent gas milage, could haul my big teenage kids and had a manual trans. Vue was about the only thing I could find that fit all three. Gets mid 20's for gas mileage in city / mixed driving. Had 118K when I bought it and at 143K now. Only repairs were new struts in the front right after purchase and two new tires. Overall very happy with the value and what it does for me. Gripes? has new various rattles seemingly every time I get in, interior quality only average, and interior design is very lacking for storage.

Favorite Features

Space inside for seating / hauling larger items, ease of ingress / egress. Enjoy the sun-roof! Although thankfully hasn't needed repair work, seems very accessable and well laid out to work on. Relatively fun to drive for size.

Suggested Improvements

rattles here, there and everywhere / interior noise overall. Interior fit & finish and storage (admittidly, the 2006 and later models addressed this, I was just too cheap to spring for one).

Transmission issues
By horriblecar1

2004 Saturn VUE AWD 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased this car 4 months ago used and now am experiencing issues with it. It was shaking back and fourth.... stop and go traffic was horrifying because I was afraid the rpms were going to drop and the car would shut off. Also the car had extremely poor pick up and when I would come to a stop the car would occasionally not go when I put my foot on the gas and then it would take off and sound like someone hit me from behind. Don't purchase this car better yet just get a bike...

Favorite Features

I personally liked the inside look more then anything. Other than that I originally liked that it runed considering my last car experienced A LOT of transmission issues...

Suggested Improvements

Don't buy a CVT automatic Saturn VUE :( or a Chrysler Sebring

Wonderful SUV
By swatwife

2004 Saturn VUE Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my 2004 Saturn Vue in 2009. It has been a wonderful vehicle to drive! Always very reliable, roomy, great for hauling and an overall pleasant ride.

Favorite Features

Sun roof, heated leather seats, XM radio

Suggested Improvements

None

Superior Vehicle
By laf5

2004 Saturn VUE Fwd 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my '04 VUE brand new. 7.5 years later with over 150,000 miles on it, I lost it to a large deer in the engine. This vehicle has been incredibly reliable. I've never had to do more than regular maintenance. At 120k I had brakes done (probably could have waited, but I knew it HAD to be coming soon!) and was never completely satisfied with the replacement brakes (squeak). Other than that, oil changes, new wiper blades, tires, air filters, and 100k tune-up. This was my 2nd Saturn and am sad that GM discontinued such a superior line of vehicles - especially now that my VUE has been totaled! I will miss her and worry that I will never find another vehicle as reliable. Bring Saturn back!

Favorite Features

Reliability, affordability, roominess, relatively inexpensive maintenance, attractive damage-resistant exterior.

Suggested Improvements

GM, bring the Saturn line back into production!!