Used 2011 Ram 1500 Regular Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Ram 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 1500 model:

2011 Ram Hemi Express
By 2011hemiexpres

2011 Ram 1500 Regular Cab Sport 2dr Regular Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Bought '11 Hemi Express 2WD new at Dealership 3 mos ago.(9/2011) Was Ad truck at @ $19,500 with ST package on top of Express Package. Does not have limited slip or carpet. Has 3.21 rear gear. Have 6k miles. Typically get 16 mpg combined. High of 17.7 low of 14.2 Its been great so far, I'm a big dodge fan after owing a '06 SRT8 charger & '02 2500 4wd V10 The truck is tight and lacks any rattles or moans. Hemi has lots of performance and with 5 speed auto with VVT and 2nd Gen. Cylinder De Activation it's a seemless and modern power plant. Perfect platform for customizing thanks to Ram group and Stacy David of Gearz for the inspiration. Disc brakes are great and interior is quiet & comfortable.

Favorite Features

Performance of the next gen Hemi 5.7 is awesome. 390hp in a 2wd short box is unique in the marketplace. No alternative from GM or Ford. Sexy looks of current generation Ram is my 2nd most favorite feature. Lots of thumbs up and stares. I tow 24' Baja boat with no problem. Hunter Green color now discontinued is really cool on my truck. I added chrome 20" SRT10 wheels, 1.5" front sway bar and 7/8 rear to sharpen cornering, added power tail gate lock, window tint, leather interior and upgraded stock stereo to one with bluetooth/UnConnect and SAT radio, heated seats. MOPAR Carbon Fiber interior kit is cool.

Suggested Improvements

Availability of painted turn signal mirrors. Limited slip rear should be standard. Lid for dash bin should not be $500+

Love my Ram R/T
By maddogthegreat

2011 Ram 1500 Regular Cab Sport 2dr Regular Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Lots of power, good gas mileage (16-21) and a beautiful truck. What's not to love? I take 10 hour trips and this truck is a joy to drive.

Favorite Features

Alpine radio and the Hemi.

Suggested Improvements

Make the rear view camera standard.