Used 2004 Porsche 911 GT2 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Porsche 911 GT2 - Consumer Reviews

GT2 3.6L 6-cyl. Twin-turbo 6-speed Manual - (1 review )

By jerry

2004 Porsche 911 GT2 GT2 Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I have wanted a 911 turbo since I was 11 years old and now that I just got one at age 34, my review may be a bit biased. This remarkable car is everything that I expected it to be. I have babied this car at times only to save up for the times that I come across other Porsches, Ferrari's, Lambo's, or motorcycles. There are times when you want to drive the car like it designed to be driven. Once, while getting into the car and planning to go to the office, I realized that 8 hours had gone by and two tanks of gas later, and the office was closing for the day. I drove up and down the beach over 3 counties and took it up to 168 mph on the highway. Get one. Period.

Acelleration to compete with sport bikes. The abilty to handle a right angled, two-lane intersection at 70 mph. An 'oil checking feature' which allows you to check the oil at a stop light, without even leaving the cabin. The fact that no detail was overlooked by the engineers in Germany.

I would like to have the all of the radio's controls on the steering wheel so I could change CD's while doing 190 mph.

• Sedan