Used 2009 Pontiac Torrent GXP Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Pontiac Torrent GXP - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Torrent model:

By regretful

2009 Pontiac Torrent GXP GXP 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

GM says 16/24 mileage,more like 12/19,that's using cruise control, at approximately 70mph never over. It gets even less at 55 mph!what the!? Let up on the gas and it comes to a stop, I mean motor runs but I mean the power just dogs, it's like all power stops going to the drive train? I guess it saves on brakes. It has a horrible turning ratio, didn't notice it on test drive, you need to plan ahead to park. The CD player takes forever to load. If I'd known the gas mileage was going to be this bad, I would've bought a truck or a SUV with 4x4.

Nice forward vision. Acceleration when you need it.Plenty of interior room.It does look sharp...hate to say it after all the negs.,probably why I didn't notice all the negs. in the first place.

Can't it isn't being built anymore, but a back up camera or sensor would be helpful, and probably increased gas mileage or at least be honest and post what it really gets.

• Sedan