Dependable, Fun, & Handy !
By hockey_jen10 on
2006 Pontiac Grand Prix 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)
My 2006 GP is 4 years old now, though I've only owned it for a year. It's been a great car. I've had absolutely no mechanical or body issues, and it's been very dependable. The interior is typically-sporty as only Pontiac can do, but the ride is also very comfy for a sporty car. The body color is a blueish/green that changes to purple, and it gets attention. The most impressive thing is the back seats folding down, giving me plenty of room to haul. I actually packed (12) 8-foot long shelf pieces, plus closet poles and (8) furring strips into one trip. I guess I don't need a pickup truck after all. Overall, very happy.
Favorite Features
Reclining rear seats, roomy trunk (even when back seats are left up), smooth ride, body style & color, sound system, emergency brake on the floor (instead of next to console).
Suggested Improvements
Not sure why GM decided to move the wiper control to the right side of the steering wheel - I'm used to it being on the left, so it took a while to get used to. Brakes squeak only during the first stop when the weather is damp - by the time I get to the next stop, it's quiet.