1990 Pontiac SSE
By Grumpy Old Man on
1990 Pontiac Bonneville SSE 4dr Sedan
I just recently sold my 2002 Pontiac SSEi for a mini van. Wasn't my choice but needed a van carry my wife's power wheel chair around. I still have my 1990 Pontiac SSE in the garage. It was a hard decision as to which one to trade. I really liked the Bonneville because of all the high tech features. Too bad GM decided to discontinue the model. The only thing I regret is the governments decision to discontinue the use of Freon for the A/C. I can't see paying $2000+ for another A/C - so I drive it without one. Damn government. The car has never had any work on the engine, transmission, electrical, exhaust or mechanical systems other than routine maintenance. Still love the car.
Favorite Features
Plush leather seats. Controls on the steering wheel. Never failed to start engine. No body problems. Overall decent gas mileage.
Suggested Improvements
Things I miss after trading in the 2002 SSEi Heads up display CD player Orange digital display Compass Working A/C I might miss these things but most weren't available in 1990. That's progress. The G4 might be a good car but the decision by GM to stop production on the Bonneville was bad.